Window security Patch Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner

Jan 24, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm having problem in trying to patch up window 2003 server.
The current server OS I'm working on is the Korean version of window 2003.
I've tried to patch up the window with the English and the Korean version, but neither versions worked.

I've keep receiving this Error message "Setup cannot update your window Server 2003 files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language."

Any idea how to solve this problem? :dunno:

Thanks in advance/

No offence, try calling up Micro$oft and ask?

Yup call up microsoft unless you using *ahem
but imo no need to patch anything if everything is fine on your pc.
patching is non-stop...there will always be new problem coming out.

Forget about the patch unless you really need it. There will be new problems with the patch.

dominator said:
Yup call up microsoft unless you using *ahem
but imo no need to patch anything if everything is fine on your pc.
patching is non-stop...there will always be new problem coming out.

Its a licensed copy for business usage.
You have to patch the security loop hole if you don't wished to be infected with virus especially thsoe boot virus that attack your sever.

call Bill Gates and scold him. :p

Drudkh said:
call Bill Gates and scold him. :p

When Bill Gates solve a problem somebody will try to create another problem to challenge him! It's forever...non-stop!

Theory i use in PC--> Don't fix it unless it's broken.

But sercurity patches, gotta read see if it will affect you anot.

scanner said:
Its a licensed copy for business usage.
You have to patch the security loop hole if you don't wished to be infected with virus especially thsoe boot virus that attack your sever.
install a desktop/personal firewall, antivirus & ad-aware with latest def update, your system should be safe from various threats and attacks.

Hence patching is not necessary :)

ST_sg said:
install a desktop/personal firewall, antivirus & ad-aware with latest def update, your system should be safe from various threats and attacks.

Hence patching is not necessary :)

Thanks, I know what you mean, but as the server is using some dedicated applicatons that required no firewall to be installed between networks, there is no way, I can place a firewall on the server machine.

As for the antiviruse, yes it is installed but the flaw is due to OS designed flawed, the server is still susceptible to virus attack under the very eyes of the anti virus software.

Status
Not open for further replies.