will you feel hurt when implied wrong gear selection?

will you feel hurt when implied wrong gear selection?

Results are only viewable after voting.

so far it seems it's just a rare case to me. no worries now

comparing salaries is the thing that will make you feel like a low lifeform. comparing gears is nothing to feel hurt lah.

someone does, though.
I even did not mean it's any bad to choose such, but I guess I had given such implications, feelings or 氣?:)

comparing salaries is the thing that will make you feel like a low lifeform. comparing gears is nothing to feel hurt lah.

If you will get hurt when comparing, get the best avaliable in the market.

I dun get how can have wrong gear selection. This is not like driving a car...

Unless you are talking about the types of clothings. If I wear the wrong gear, say bright orange to a funeral ceremony, then yes, I will feel hurt.

such as AF-S 50mm f/1.4 and 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM with similar price range?

curious on these feelings as well.
me, either great save $ to buy, or ok same level, or lucky me:)

Okay... trying to understand better. So you mean if you select Canon, or Sigma. Or are you talking about focal length? Or aperture size? :dunno:

If so then yes, I will feel bad if I don't have that EF 85mm f/1.2 II USM.

photography = compare photo

camera collector = compare gears

So depending whether your hobby is photography or camera collector.

Wow i didn't know that people can actually feel hurt when comparing gear. Comparing gear is really not photography at all.

when i first read the title... i thought it has got to do with gear changing in a car :bsmilie:

will you compare gears with friends using different brands of gears?
and will you feel hurt if you got the implication you've gone wrong way?
(and your way is?)

A. Not at all
B. A little bit
C. Very much

I don't understand that phrase in a photography context, sorry... I only know "gone wrong way" in a driving context :D

I would actually feel sad at their stupidity, that they don't realize everyone should pick the gear that gives them the pictures they want, regardless of the brand.

photography = compare photo

camera collector = compare gears

GWC = compare XMMs.

Landscape photographers = compare tripods.

Cat shooters = compare this: :bsmilie:

rosewood-jolly-moggy-feather-2380-1472_zoom.jpg

Wrong gear selection feel hurt ...
Life is full of choices and decisions ..
Course of Study, Job, Career, Car, House, Wife ... the list goes on
Are u going to dwell and hurt over each one ..
When u compare, there will always be something better that someone else has

:bsmilie: My initial impression of the title is also driving gear...

thats life........ you do what you think is great research and comparisons .... and invest in a system.... and then realize that your brand research was incomplete..........

TS please stop dragging this issue across the forums ( this is the 3rd thread [now in disguised form] in a 3rd area of the forum where you continue to harp on your situation )

You made a decision on a system and now regret it....... happened to me too ha ha.... different needs at different stages of your photography journey will sometimes make you feel this way

There is nothing wrong GROWING OUT of a system or brand when your needs are not met past a certain point

dont be so hard on yourself .... stay confident please

:) and stop with the crusading before you get zapped ......

Last edited:
i always feel inferior when shooting around gwc with big camera & lens.

so i use battery grip to add bulk to the camera, hood to lengthen the lens, tie a red rubber band to mis-lead others to think its a "L" lens. i also wear a photog vest to make myself look more pro.:embrass::bsmilie:

than when ex1 (p&s with swivel lcd) is out, i got my buddy to add flip mirror (dont know the coorect name) to his LX3 so it looks cool.:cool::cool:

Last edited:
i feel very sad , so i plot potential charts where pentax market share become 100% :heart:

i feel very sad, so i tell people, DON'T BBB PENTAX, BBB HELLO KITTY CAMELA