will you feel hurt when implied wrong gear selection?

will you feel hurt when implied wrong gear selection?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Canon will bring me the feeling of a prancing mantis.
Sony will bring me the feeling of drunken monkey.
Zeiss will bring me the feeling of flying crane.
Leica will be me the feeling of couching tiger.
And of course Nikon will bring me the feeling of hidden dragon.

:bsmilie:

wa .. why u never support the movies of my fav director? ;p haha...

hmm. to me Canon and Sony is like In the mood for love... haha...

hi TS

take it easy lah... u share ur view, u have done your job... u can't control what others is thinking...

just forget it and move on brother !

:)

have a nice day... be happy ok!

wa .. why u never support the movies of my fav director? ;p haha...

hmm. to me Canon and Sony is like In the mood for love... haha...

If you are trying to start another Canon/Nikon/Sony war... bring it on :angry:

*kidding*

To me
Olympus is like Ang Lee movie
Panasonic is like Tsui Hark movie
Sony is like John Woo movie
Nikon is like Zhang Yimou movie

Canon err... I can only think of Ken Watanabe and Simon Yam :rolleyes:

errr...... do you have any evidence to say so, or just your speculation, again?

You made a decision on a system and now regret it....... happened to me too ha ha.... different needs at different stages of your photography journey will sometimes make you feel this way

how did you choose Nikon at the first place?
Would you think about canon?
I myself use 2 lines of bodies, so sometime it will be a problem to me. I know some of guys use 2 or more lines.

By the way, will you feel curious sometimes whether a canon, sony, zeiss or leica 35/1.4, other than your nikkor will bring you some different feeling?

I tried out my friend's Canon, Sony, Pentax (Zeiss and leica no chance yet)..the feeling I've got is...unfamiliar..haha...
Cam is like sword to a swordman...if I'm used to 屠龙刀, then better don't pass me 椅天剑:sweatsm:

I tried out my friend's Canon, Sony, Pentax (Zeiss and leica no chance yet)..the feeling I've got is...unfamiliar..haha...
Cam is like sword to a swordman...if I'm used to 屠龙刀, then better don't pass me 椅天剑:sweatsm:

But it's not the sword. It's the skills. Like Yang Guo, can still use Toad Skill 蛤蟆功, swordplay of maiden 玉女素心劍法, dog beating technique 打狗棒法, finger flicking skills 彈指神通, jade flute swordplace 玉簫劍法 to inherit Dugu's Heavy Iron Sword 玄鐵重劍 to come up with his own Melancholic Palm 黯然銷魂掌 technique.

It's not about the equipments...

actually I am happy even though I do not own many Ls as my friend does.
to me, too admit the limitations of my choice won't be pain, in stead, I'd like to discuss the limitations. humans are humans because they know their tools, right?

while, it seems different feelings for some others, who refuse to look at the limitations, and feel hurt when the discussion comes.
The idea came to me, as I told my friend, you won't feel hurt because you choose a popular brand with solid support, while minorities may be more sensitive to this issue.
to be curious, I post a thread here. and I found IT IS TRUE, at least as I can read from the replies.

in order to be a better man, I will try to avoid doing things that may hurt other's feeling.
It was a bit surprised and followed uneasy when I realized I had done it to someone.
to those felt hurt, sorry la. please take it easy, I gonna to as well.

and thanks, sfoto100

cheer up!

hi TS
take it easy lah... u share ur view, u have done your job... u can't control what others is thinking...
just forget it and move on brother !
:)
have a nice day... be happy ok!

hmm, I guess even professionals won't agree with you. it's about the equipments and the skills to make use of the equipments.
to get the right piece of an equipment to fit one's need is mostly, a headache problem. even $$$ is not a big issue for professionals, there are other issues for them to think about.
while, you may be that kind of top guys, sword in heart not in hand, maybe even better, no sword in heart either:)

Last edited:
$$$ is very much a concern for working professionals and perhaps even more so than those not making a living out of taking photos. Each and every piece of equipment is purchased to make a living. Buying a piece of equipment which is inappropriate has more repercussions than you can imagine. Then again, working professionals should be experienced enough to select the right tools else they don't deserve to be in business.

sorry to bring in talks on professionals. I am not familiar with their life.
only limited info I got about them are a few of them give their equipment lists. To me, it seems not a big issue of $ for their gears since they make living with them, and are successful photographers commercially. of course they are better at making use of their gears than many of us here with same gears.

actually, it will be very interesting to learn how they learn how to choose the right tools for different purposes:) obviously different types of photography they are in affect their choices. I am not sure how much they think about brands, maybe not much if free from some companies (well, not all brands accepted. that's hurt).

$$$ is very much a concern for working professionals and perhaps even more so than those not making a living out of taking photos. Each and every piece of equipment is purchased to make a living. Buying a piece of equipment which is inappropriate has more repercussions than you can imagine. Then again, working professionals should be experienced enough to select the right tools else they don't deserve to be in business.

But it's not the sword. It's the skills. Like Yang Guo, can still use Toad Skill 蛤蟆功, swordplay of maiden 玉女素心劍法, dog beating technique 打狗棒法, finger flicking skills 彈指神通, jade flute swordplace 玉簫劍法 to inherit Dugu's Heavy Iron Sword 玄鐵重劍 to come up with his own Melancholic Palm 黯然銷魂掌 technique.

Have you ever tried 两腿中点 move?

It will immobilize the opponent without you resorting to carry 玄鐵重劍.

i want to learn that qian kun da mo yi. can teach me??? please?

Have you ever tried 两腿中点 move?

It will immobilize the opponent without you resorting to carry 玄鐵重劍.

i want to learn that qian kun da mo yi. can teach me??? please?

Eh sorry if misunderstood. I am NOT Yang Guo. I was just quoting him as an example of a martial arts expert who does not just rely on his equipments to kao niu (chase girls).

Will the real Yang Guo please stand up?

I look at my friends camera.....

Eh...
Got Shutter.....
eh...
Got Aperture on lens......
eh...
Got flim/sensor......

They are so similar.
And yes, the basics of the camera and photo taking are based on these.
Ask yourself what you have to show for your time so far in CS (only BnS???)

Just go out and take more pictures with whatever gear you think is better than your friends :bsmilie:

I see. there were speculations since very first post. I do not know how come people are so good at speculation out of context.
that's why I put a poll to see how many people would speculate as your way.
to be curious:)

Of course its speculation and a guess lah (after your 3 threads) :bsmilie: !

you are great to take photos with anything as long as there are Shutter, Aperture on lens and flim/sensor. (all pictures similar as well?)
there is really no need for you to visit BnS. you have your own antidote to a kind of fever: BBB
admire you! I wish I will come closer to your level in certain extent in future.

BTW, I get to used to poor/cheap gears since very beginning. It's even more fun to produce better result with poorer/cheapper equipments. so you really need not fear talking own limitations la.

I look at my friends camera.....
Eh...
Got Shutter.....
eh...
Got Aperture on lens......
eh...
Got flim/sensor......

They are so similar.
And yes, the basics of the camera and photo taking are based on these.
Ask yourself what you have to show for your time so far in CS (only BnS???)

Just go out and take more pictures with whatever gear you think is better than your friends :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I just realized that you reply with what you quote below you. Like what I'm doing now. no wonder I got confused why you quoted me... with an empty answer :bsmilie:

I see. there were speculations since very first post. I do not know how come people are so good at speculation out of context.
that's why I put a poll to see how many people would speculate as your way.
to be curious:)

you are great to take photos with anything as long as there are Shutter, Aperture on lens and flim/sensor. (all pictures similar as well?)
there is really no need for you to visit BnS. you have your own antidote to a kind of fever: BBB
admire you! I wish I will come closer to your level in certain extent in future.

BTW, I get to used to poor/cheap gears since very beginning. It's even more fun to produce better result with poorer/cheapper equipments. so you really need not fear talking own limitations la.

Canon will bring me the feeling of a prancing mantis.
Sony will bring me the feeling of drunken monkey.
Zeiss will bring me the feeling of flying crane.
Leica will be me the feeling of couching tiger.
And of course Nikon will bring me the feeling of hidden dragon.

:bsmilie:

Either you are very emotional or you have read too much wu xia :bsmilie: