Will you buy that 75/1.8 prime from Olympus?

Will you buy that 75/1.8 prime from Olympus?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I find 75 1.8 overpriced. It should sell at $800+ instead.

I have 14mm and pl45. And I bought a tack sharp and cheap sigma 60.

Well you never met the PL 42.5mm f1.2 :D

U are talking about leica and a f1.2 lens.

Unless 75 1.8 has an optical stabiliser or a 1:1 macro ability, then I would think it is worth more than a thousand.

Just like pl45 macro ois or nikon 105 micro vr

Last edited:
U are talking about leica and a f1.2 lens.

Unless 75 1.8 has an optical stabiliser or a 1:1 macro ability, then I would think it is worth more than a thousand.

Just like pl45 macro ois or nikon 105 micro vr

The 75mm f1.8 is 1 point away from the 42.5mm so either 42.5mm is overpriced or 75mm is cheap. In general you do not need ois for fast lenses

The 75mm f1.8 is 1 point away from the 42.5mm so either 42.5mm is overpriced or 75mm is cheap. In general you do not need ois for fast lenses

U mean 1 f-stop away? Sadly I still need stabiliser when I shoot low light.

U mean 1 f-stop away? Sadly I still need stabiliser when I shoot low light.

I meant in terms of dxomark rating or score it is 1 point away from the 42.5mm. Even if it is 2 points higher the question is, is the price difference of 50% more worth it for the point difference?

I meant in terms of dxomark rating or score it is 1 point away from the 42.5mm. Even if it is 2 points higher the question is, is the price difference of 50% more worth it for the point difference?

That's why I pay 240 for sigma 60 than 1000+ for oly 75.

End of the day , a rating is just a number subjected to many perception issues. Nothing justifies the price more than the experience of handling the lens itself :)

End of the day , a rating is just a number subjected to many perception issues. Nothing justifies the price more than the experience of handling the lens itself :)

No comment :) Nothing to feed the BBB virus now

Let's just say, if I can only choose one prime lens to use with my mM4/3 camera, I will take the 75mm for sure :) The more I use it, the more I love it!

Let's just say, if I can only choose one prime lens to use with my mM4/3 camera, I will take the 75mm for sure :) The more I use it, the more I love it!

Yes :)
Got the lens and never regretted.

What is the price of the 75 mm currently?