Will you buy a 50 sq m apartment?

Will you buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Once i saw a PH but i die die no $ to buy. But even staying single, i dont mind having a huge space but with neighbour ard me. Cause can design each room nicely for every kind of usage. If got that PH, i might convert a room for entertain n link source to 55inch tv at living room. Shiok!

No it is not 30 sq m.
It is 3 sty x 30 sq m. = 90 sq m.
The video explains it is 3 sty.

The Japanese in the video is glad that he owns property in expensive Tokyo.

But he forgot that he is making his aged mother suffer every day. Aged people have joint problems and it is painful to climb up and down stairs.

Climbing the overly small spiral staircase without a proper tread space (did it pass building codes and regulations?) She can fall down the stairs anytime. At her age, a fall down the stairs is fatal.

There is no proper ventilation in the house.

There is no security in the house as the glass panes at ground floor can be smashed.

Last edited:
i think it's really 30 sq meters. look at the size!

but you're forgetting that at that age, the Japanese are healthier than our senior citizens. they can do more, and even climb mountains. you can't compare them to us.

Yes if i am staying alone.

I think it's total 30 sqm.
I used to stay in 25 sqm house in Tokyo for less than a year, actually quite ok if living alone or even a couple (er, guy and girl, not guy and guy coz guy and guy need 3x the space to stay away from each other).
Other houses I viewed were like 16 sqm.

Such type of housing is no longer approved for builders. The last development is in Woodlands, so those who haven't buy, it's your last chance unless you buy 2nd hand units.

Developers earn the most when building these kind of housing. Price seems cheap, $400-500k can get 1 and you can tell people u stay in condo.... But when you convert to price psf, it is normally past $1200 and it's in outskirt areas...I personally feel such housing is chop carrot head by developers, and they are the ones who gets richer and richer (look at Singapore top 5 richest).

Don't miss tomorrow's 22 May 2012 CNA Talking Point show at 8.02pm - Living in a Shoebox

The HK Chief Executive and his wife took their holiday cruise in a tycoon's private luxury yacht. They did pay a small token fee.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/1185004/1/.html
http://topics.scmp.com/news/hk-news-watch/article/The-names-Tsang-Donald-Tsang
Shenzhen penthouse http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...d-tsang-s-shenzhen-penthouse-ignites-controve

Hong Kong big developers can get away with building such micro shoebox houses. They are very powerful. 

With ever decreasing size mickeymouse property - the cost of living, rents, hawker food prices, etc... all rise quickly. And the Hong Kong people are suffering the effects of this everyday.

Last edited:
buy from HDB also difficult??

saw this from another forum....

[video=youtube;wVqJAuiQ0hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVqJAuiQ0hk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

buy from HDB also difficult??

saw this from another forum....

where got difficult? loan from private bank...i dont see what the issue. now sibor rate damn low. loaning from private bank is not that bad...

SIBOR Rates – 23 May 2012
SIBOR SOR
1 Month 0.32423 0.22713
2 Month 0.37501 0.32140
3 Month 0.38656 0.41330
6 Month 0.43969 0.58291
9 Month 0.50875 0.67576
12 Month 0.58571 0.80893

3M-SIBOR-historical-chart-12-month.png

Last edited:
I think there's some issues with the planning. They are trying to squeeze rooms into a small space. You end up with tiny bedroom, living room, etc.

I stayed in a 30m.sq studio aparement for almost 5 years in Melbourne.With the exception of the bathroom, its pretty muct a space with 4 walls. Its easier to plan the space with an open setting. Spaces become flexible as you can adjust constantly to your needs.

where got difficult? loan from private bank...i dont see what the issue. now sibor rate damn low. loaning from private bank is not that bad...

SIBOR Rates – 23 May 2012
SIBOR SOR
1 Month 0.32423 0.22713
2 Month 0.37501 0.32140
3 Month 0.38656 0.41330
6 Month 0.43969 0.58291
9 Month 0.50875 0.67576
12 Month 0.58571 0.80893

3M-SIBOR-historical-chart-12-month.png

I tot someone important say $1000 can buy from hdb already?? now own singaporean applied so difficult?? maybe his problem is 5 room.

I tot someone important say $1000 can buy from hdb already?? now own singaporean applied so difficult?? maybe his problem is 5 room.

lol, i know who u referring to .

back to the video, i think this guys hit the income ceiling, he cant buy a 3 rooms flat. ...must buy 4 rooms and above.

sad but true , in singapore you can't depend on anyone but yourself.

Last edited: