wife in japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL point taken! I totally agree. But till date i have yet to convince my gf to pose naturally in front of camera while i take pics of her. -.- sad case....

take candid shots of her lah. But it is tough to take candids. Or maybe you can just as her to walk from point A to B. Like that no need to pose.

now my wife is pretty supportive of my camera hobby. But she doesn't understand why I need to change camera so often though :)

take candid shots of her lah. But it is tough to take candids. Or maybe you can just as her to walk from point A to B. Like that no need to pose.

now my wife is pretty supportive of my camera hobby. But she doesn't understand why I need to change camera so often though :)

Yours with camera, my with lens. :sweat: they just dun understand dun they?

Yours with camera, my with lens. :sweat: they just dun understand dun they?

I dun understand why she needs to buy so many handbags, or shoes. :dunno: Should sign nuptial agreement, one camera body for each handbag, and one lens for each pair of shoes. ;p

I still need to bargain for tripods and ballheads. :think:

Congratulations for the impending addition to your family! When is junior due?

As portrait shot, I like #4 the best. The shots are all very good, but not as portraits in my opinion. They look like landscape with your wife in it :) Maybe I shouldn't comment too much, since I'm not very good with portraits as well. I find landscapes easier - no need to get landscape to pose :bsmilie:

Is the vignetting in #6 added by software? I don't see vignetting with the other photo (#7) taken at 10mm...

bargain not so bad... i have to go one whole entire big round. Say 2 things; this and that a few times, then i go get it myself and she still give me tt kind of stare. "shivers"

my personal favourite is #1. There are many things I liked about that shot. The blue of the lake, the similarity in colors of the roof and flower, the texture and color of the bridge, the sense of symmetry, the sense of depth in the photo caused by the lines of the bridge, my wife crossing the bridge imparts a sense of moment (the framing was great as it does not intrude into the roof), even the umbrella is nice (fits with the stormy clouds).

Second shot I like is #3, mainly for the colors and hues.

#1 conveys a certain feeling.

bargain not so bad... i have to go one whole entire big round. Say 2 things; this and that a few times, then i go get it myself and she still give me tt kind of stare. "shivers"

you have my fullest empathy.

I love the wide shots, esp in #6. Gives me a sense of scale and beauty of the place.

For most people, they want to see themselves IN the scenery.

Ultimately, wifey must be happy (and I'm sure she is).

Looks like in a couple of months, you'll have a new subject :D congrats!

I love the wide shots, esp in #6. Gives me a sense of scale and beauty of the place.

For most people, they want to see themselves IN the scenery.

Ultimately, wifey must be happy (and I'm sure she is).

Looks like in a couple of months, you'll have a new subject :D congrats!

thanks for all the comments :)

the babu is coming in September. New subject to take. Frankly, it is kind of boring shooting my wife all these while :)

there is only that many ways to shoot the same person. Next time got baby girl. I think kid cutest is around 2 years.

5. Flowers :)
wife005.jpg

scenery is good and you can do better. shoot lower, open up the aperture.

scenery is good and you can do better. shoot lower, open up the aperture.

yup. On the hindsight, I should have shot at f/2 instead of f/4. That should be slightly better.

Shooting lower I feel is not good as that would frame my wife against the sky or a more messy background.

Frankly, it is kind of boring shooting my wife all these while :)

I think kid cutest is around 2 years.

For your sake, I hope she doesn't read CS :bsmilie:

Around 1+ years they start to interact more with you and become lots of fun. It's a little like talking and walking. First you wish they'll start doing it. After a while you'll wish they stop :) But do take lots of photos, and back them up. Hard drives are cheap. Having a kid isn't.

Minor off topic rant : one kid easier to take photos of than two kids. When trying to get mine to pose, 90% of the photos have one kid looking off in some strange direction, and of the rest, half of them has two kids looking off in some strange direction. I don't seem to notice this problem with other kids...

Is there modelling class where we can send our kids to? :think:

Love the scenary! Love the lakes especially! aww...I wanna be there....

Nothing against your wife ata ll but artistically i think nearly all pics would have looked better wthout anybody in them at all.

beautiful Japan, beautiful Autumn, beautiful photos:)

Nothing against your wife ata ll but artistically i think nearly all pics would have looked better wthout anybody in them at all.

:) I try hard to take some shots without my wife but she is not happy with it.

I don't agree with your statement though, I feel most of the shots are more interesting with a person inside. Especially shots with a path in it. I always feel that a person walking naturally with a good pose is good as it capture a sense of moment, rather than a plain static scenary shot, ie you have captured something fleeting in your shot.

Super nice!! I like #6 the most!! Can I know what type of lens and wat setting you use?? (btw, you wife is very pretty ^___^)

Hi,

Nice pics - it's great to have such a willing an enthusiastic model!

Just a quick couple of observations on pic5. The image works because of the point of interest created by your wife and because of the contrast created by her vertical juxtiposition to the diagonals of the flowers (and also because of the color of her clothing).

To enhance this I would re-look at the crop and eliminate the distracting brush at the top of the image. The other area which detracts a little, is the gap between the first two rows of flowers, a longer focal length would have helped compress this and would likley add some depth of field blurring the flowers slighty more (we don't need to have the full field in focus to get a sense of her surrounding) which again draws our focus to the subject.

All round this is a nice image, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.