wide angle prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiong78

Anyone here got the 31mm?
which wide angle would you reccomend that is available here in spore?
anyone got 1 to let go?
cos sometimes i need something wider than my 40mm.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really like my DA 14mm. Contrasty, nice colors, light (for its class, I carried it around everyday for 2 weeks during my trip to China), easy to carry, very easy to focus. The focal length definitely needs some getting used to, but the results are well worth it, IMHO.

Heretix said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I really like my DA 14mm. Contrasty, nice colors, light (for its class, I carried it around everyday for 2 weeks during my trip to China), easy to carry, very easy to focus. The focal length definitely needs some getting used to, but the results are well worth it, IMHO.

too wide though.its more for wedding and people shots.
was thinking more of 24mm-31mm. But wondering if I should wait for the 2nd pancake.
or should i get a GR D.

The FA28/2.8 is a quite decent lens. I saw Alan Photo has a couple of this lens for sale. You might wanna check it out. The 31LE is a great lens, but too expensive to my taste.

Of course Joe's DA14mm would be super wide and great wide lens too.

Good luck!

fengwei said:
The FA28/2.8 is a quite decent lens. I saw Alan Photo has a couple of this lens for sale. You might wanna check it out. The 31LE is a great lens, but too expensive to my taste.

Good luck!

i have try out the FA28/2.8 at alan photo on my ist D but the focus is slightly out.
may be your camera is OK ??? but before u buy try it first.

fengwei said:

Good luck!

oh.
Is it the branch at SL?

tiong78 said:
oh.
Is it the branch at SL?

Yes. Actually the two lenses have been there for quite a while. Don't know why nobody wants to take them.

To me, 28mm is either not wide enough, or not long enough. I prefer a wider one (at least 20mm, that's why I got the Zenitar 16mm FE) or a longer one (35/2 or 50/1.4). Just me though.

Good luck!

fengwei said:
Yes. Actually the two lenses have been there for quite a while. Don't know why nobody wants to take them.

To me, 28mm is either not wide enough, or not long enough. I prefer a wider one (at least 20mm, that's why I got the Zenitar 16mm FE) or a longer one (35/2 or 50/1.4). Just me though.

Good luck!

What is the price like? for the 28mm.

tiong78 said:
What is the price like? for the 28mm.

Sorry, can't remember. I think they asked for near or over $400 range. Quite high imo. I'd rather go with the FA35/2 if they don't lower the price to mid $300 range.

Good luck :)

fengwei said:
Sorry, can't remember. I think they asked for near or over $400 range. Quite high imo. I'd rather go with the FA35/2 if they don't lower the price to mid $300 range.

Good luck :)

Oh

seems like its a better option to wait for the next pancake then.

hi fengwei i heard you got a pentax lx body for sale?

i want it.

john

98255 742

k1000 user/fan

Status
Not open for further replies.