why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

Status
Not open for further replies.
ortega said:
yar lor, don't come with lens somemore
Yah lor.. My phone can take pictures and videos, make phone calls, sms and play games, comes with lens and is so much cheaper.. Buy handphone better lah.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

GDSNP said:
Yah lor.. My phone can take pictures and videos, make phone calls, sms and play games, comes with lens and is so much cheaper.. Buy handphone better lah.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Plus BLUETOOTH (& 3G) technology. :bsmilie:

Sry, getting very OT. (it's already Wednesday)

GDSNP said:

But in terms of picture quality, you will still have to rely on DSLR or a least a SLR.

For example : Would you like a photographer to shoot your important(e.g wedding day) event with a mobile phone camera?

compro_1975 said:
i kine of notice that people, using dslr 1, dun use the LCD??? why is it so???? :bigeyes:
I think you need to know the difference between a DSLR and a point-n-shoot/compact first before you ask this question.

jbma said:
I think you need to know the difference between a DSLR and a point-n-shoot/compact first before you ask this question.

thats why got newbie corner :thumbsup: (like me)

jonnie84 said:
well, just my own view, but i feel that SLR-type cameras are not meant to take photos using the LCD. it's not just the mechanisms that make up the SLR, it's the whole feel about it. so weird taking photos with SLR but viewing thru the LCD... SLRs not to be used that way. mebbe i old sch...duno.. :sweat:

i agree with you, your not old school, should look through viewfinder rather than lcd :thumbsup:

You pay for such good optical glass, the effect will not be the same viewed thru LCD. :nono: Reward your eyes by looking at something better ;)

shchow said:
now you can! you can do it with Olympus DSLR E-330! :thumbsup:

ya, also saw the cam, kind of great and the results... :thumbsup:

haiz. when i bought my DSLR, i also thought it could make me coffee in the mornings, but nowadays still have to go downstairs to the kopitiam to get. what to do? like that lor.

:dunno:

The E-330 offers both the viewfinder and the LCD, so anyone can use it whether old school or not.

If you really need ti have live lcd view, just attach a Zigview to your DSLR viewfinder. PQ23 is seling one in B&S and is having a MO for the new version. I had tried one but still prefer opitical viewfinder.

Deadpoet said:
You are not old school, you ae just sensible and doing it the right way. The most stable platform to take a picture is a sturdy tripod. We substitude ourselves, a rather unstady bi-pod for that sturdy platform. Since the human bi-pod is inherently now that stable, if you hold the camera away from your body so that you can look thru the LCD, you further degrade the stability of the platfor on which the camera takes the photo.

This is common sense.

ya true. but a live LCD preview will be much better and easier for taking shots at weird angles and when using a tripod.

My 2cents, if the Live Preview adopted by the Oly E330 and Panasonic LC1 becomes a useful tool, like the VR,IS or Mega OIS for lens, I don't see why not viewing thru viewfinder will be useful anymore. A camera is just a tool, mind you. It's the person behind it.

In the end, using a viewfinder or LCD is only for framing the picture rite? The end result still is determined on a PC. For the LCD brightness in Daylight or sucking the batt juice quicker, it's a matter of time they will improve. This is the life cycle of electronics.

It will be a matter of time video and photography will merge using a single tool. They (the macnufacturers) will figure it out. PnS camera market is getting saturated, with now most makers won't go for the megapixel race anymore, as an example.

Do remember, Digital Cameras has only reached the masses less than 5 years only and how far have the innovation has gone since.

It's a matter of time. My 2cents.

thanks. nice to see pple sharing same thoughts as me. agreed that LCD or not, it's just a means to the result. it's just the preferences of individuals. but for me LCD to take photo just doesnt work out. maybe cos i started learning photography with SLR, so now ask me take photo with those PnS cameras i also feel weird handling them. lol.

jonnie84 said:
thanks. nice to see pple sharing same thoughts as me. agreed that LCD or not, it's just a means to the result. it's just the preferences of individuals. but for me LCD to take photo just doesnt work out. maybe cos i started learning photography with SLR, so now ask me take photo with those PnS cameras i also feel weird handling them. lol.

I certainly prefer the viewfinder, though a LCD has its advantages. The only big problem is that its pretty difficult nowadays to get someone else to use my D50 to take a shot of me with my family, casue the first thing they do is, "why LCD blank? no preview? must use viewfinder? aiyah very difficult leh?" ...;p

I have no problem using either LCD or viewfinder to compose the shot, as i firmly believe the camera is but a tool.

the live view offers "easier" ways to shoot difficult angles unlike the conventional viewfinder.

definitely hell lot easier to shoot macro with it. instead of trial and error with conventional viewfinder using up to 30 mins to get a good shot, you just have to spend less than a minute to compose and shoot.

just imagine inches above the floor, waist level or above the head shoot can easily be done with it.

the below sample was hung at my kitchen door. i just need to compose and shoot. mind you that it is not even stationary (it is something like a decoration piece or a wind chime)

_3120434_2.jpg

conclusion about this is....... just an additional tool to make your life easier. i still use viewfinder 95% of the time(BTW i am using an e-330).

well.. i guess that its really personal preference.. for me i will still go for viewfinder:bsmilie:

It is not a matter of composing the picture when you look thru the viewfinder, nor do I agree it is a matter of preference. Perhaps at the moment, until the LCD technology becomes as accurate as what you see thru the lens.

When viewing thru the viewfinder a photog also look at the lighting, shades, contrast, colors and fine details of the surrounding accurately so that he can adjust the exposure etc and create the effects of what he wants accurately. Hence it is important to view thru the lens.

For the LCD it has to be accurate in its contrast adjustment, brigtness/color adjustment etc. to achieve the accuracy demanded by the discerning photog. For a consumer cam this may not be important, as consumers, generally, are happy and satisfied with snap shots but not the serious photog. Having said that a LCD hybrid like the olympus is of course a bonus especially in getting difficult angle shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.