why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???


Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Senior Member
Apr 24, 2005
1,983
0
0
#1
i kine of notice that people, using dslr 1, dun use the LCD??? why is it so???? :bigeyes:
 

yyD70S

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2005
2,454
0
0
Singapore
#3
compro_1975 said:
i kine of notice that people, using dslr 1, dun use the LCD??? why is it so???? :bigeyes:
... because the (reflex) mirror gets in the way. Same principle as SLR.
 

smtan24

New Member
Dec 21, 2005
1,496
0
0
44
Tampines
#4
The CCD for normal DSLR are block by the CCD. For the E-330 there is an extra CCD located on top for the live view. Here's the picture of the setup.

 

user12343

Senior Member
May 15, 2005
1,032
2
38
#7
for this very reason, DSLRs have a much longer battery life compared to those with live-cam cameras. the only time u use it is to preview shots/settings.
 

jonnie84

New Member
Jan 21, 2006
224
0
0
Pasir Ris
#8
well, just my own view, but i feel that SLR-type cameras are not meant to take photos using the LCD. it's not just the mechanisms that make up the SLR, it's the whole feel about it. so weird taking photos with SLR but viewing thru the LCD... SLRs not to be used that way. mebbe i old sch...duno.. :sweat:
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#9
jonnie84 said:
well, just my own view, but i feel that SLR-type cameras are not meant to take photos using the LCD. it's not just the mechanisms that make up the SLR, it's the whole feel about it. so weird taking photos with SLR but viewing thru the LCD... SLRs not to be used that way. mebbe i old sch...duno.. :sweat:
You are not old school, you ae just sensible and doing it the right way. The most stable platform to take a picture is a sturdy tripod. We substitude ourselves, a rather unstady bi-pod for that sturdy platform. Since the human bi-pod is inherently now that stable, if you hold the camera away from your body so that you can look thru the LCD, you further degrade the stability of the platfor on which the camera takes the photo.

This is common sense.
 

yyD70S

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2005
2,454
0
0
Singapore
#10
marky said:
Actually i kinda of realised it thats why i decided getting the E-330...

I hope that's not the main reason why you chose (or going to choose) the E-300.
 

Gosu_John

New Member
Aug 11, 2004
498
0
0
www.blackbistro.com
#11
yyD70S said:
I hope that's not the main reason why you chose (or going to choose) the E-300.
For some it COULD be the main reason. I've seen people who gag at the thought of not being able to use a rotatable LCD screen.
 

yyD70S

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2005
2,454
0
0
Singapore
#12
Gosu_John said:
For some it COULD be the main reason. I've seen people who gag at the thought of not being able to use a rotatable LCD screen.

I guess you are right after all. That's why they say, to each his/her own!
 

shyanyap

New Member
Dec 19, 2005
95
0
0
www.flickr.com
#13
Try using LCD outdoor under bright sunlight...you could not frame your picture without trial and error
 

erizai

New Member
Sep 16, 2005
1,467
0
0
Southen Sea
#15
Give this man a beer:cheers:

shyanyap said:
Try using LCD outdoor under bright sunlight...you could not frame your picture without trial and error
 

georgeswb

New Member
Nov 8, 2004
82
0
0
45
Bedok Reservoir
#16
user12343 said:
for this very reason, DSLRs have a much longer battery life compared to those with live-cam cameras. the only time u use it is to preview shots/settings.

Not true...take for example the Nikon's D200 - it sucks juice like noboby business too..just as much as the canon S80.
 

clicknick

New Member
Apr 13, 2005
1,398
0
0
Hougang
#17
I use viewfinder with my PnS anyway, so I don't miss not able to use LCD for my DSLR.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom