Why my DLSR camera image taken is not as good compare to a digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noise and sharpness isn't everything in photography, but just for me, I find it very hard to PP a picture with noise, abit irritating when masking.:(

You can try one of the following software:

• Noise Ninja
  • Neat Image
  • Noiseware

I have work wonder for my FZ50.... :)

i agree with both bigbird and ombre. Both are viewing this at different perspectives which are both right in their sense.

Noise wise, pns has more due to small sensor size, but sharpness wise, pns knocks the socks off dslrs and 75% of their lenses except the sharpest lenses aka L...

Tried a comparison wif a few kit and mid range USM lenses and sharpness nowhere close to modern day PNS compacts, at wide end and the telephoto end... Even after sharpening still cannot match... so, I've decided to borrow some future money and burn em to get some L lenses (sharp copy pls, bcos this dslr quality controls sux, we pay so much and still risk getting a lemon)... sounds a bit like the finance / banking industry i was with... sounds like a good 5 star bank, u invest your money and the next day, it files chapter 11 bankruptcy and your investments goes kaput, like getting a soft lemon lens for that hefty price... :angry:

I have to disagree here!

Shooting at fine is definitely recommended... shooting at normal results in clipping, depending on how bad the scene is, it can be very very bad.

As for the size... Memory comes cheap these days, your sensor doesn't. Why waste half the sensor when you've already paid for it? Even if you don't need the extra pixels, I think its helpful to put in extra effort to shoot at full resolution, and resize in photoshop... Doesn't take a lot of time, just save it as an action and hotkey it if you really must. Resized pictures are essentially sharper that pictures shot with low resolution.

Aiyah, you win la! Mr Fanatical...
I shan't be bothered to respond...

I think we have offered our help to the TS already, let us not go too OT with the debate on DSLR vs Non-DSLR.... :)

I watched a BBC program where a big game hunter in Kenya who is also a professional photographer was interviewed by a presenter.

They did a test where the big game hunter/professional photographer was given a P&S, the presenter was given a DSLR and the camerman (filming the show) was given an advanced compact and the three were given a day to go out and take photos and the photos would be used to decide the winner.

Guess who won?

The big game hunter/professional photographer.

yeah. You're basically making the same point that it's the person behind the camera which matters most.
But then again, your comparison is not conclusive either. The WINNER need not necessarily have the sharpest photo.
For all we know, the DSLR could have produced the sharpest picture, but the best picture must also have great composition, great colours and also great exposure.

OK this is already wayyyyyy too OT. Someone close the thread!

have you try to set to A and try out ?

Taking a balanced point of view, true, no disagreements there.
Noise and sharpness isn't everything in photography, but just for me, I find it very hard to PP a picture with noise, abit irritating when masking
Anyway I think about time this thread closed too.

Hi All,
Have read a numbers of comments and at the same time exchanges of view.

I have done some action over my talking, :) tried out the setting on the Sat night.
and apply what is shared in this thread.
I have picked some of my best shot taken.
Maybe still not as good as compare to the professional.

Do feel free to post your comments on my output at my link below to see whether i have learnt the basis. :)
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4676602#post4676602

Yup. i should close this thread. Guess i will move on to the other thread.

Thanks a lot guys for your sharing and advise.
Hear from you guys again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.