Why does ppl always so rude to photographer during wedding

well for me, i dun mind going a little of an extra mile (for a lot of things), to get a good photo.

helping to carry stuff, chatting, trying to build relationships, these are things that help people around you to relax and be natural. while its beyond my scope of just taking photos, its value adding to your work. what these helps is to get access and for people to not feel awkward around you.

just take a look at the documentary photographers. they are quite good at this sort of stuff, thats why they get a lot of the "moment" shots.

aiya put it this way. photographers are your best friends for that 5 minutes. after that you probably wont be seeing them again. so long as i can use it to my advantage, they call me xiao di, ah girl, i also dun care.

gu niang leh? hahahaha

It is very common to be called "photographer". It is also nothing wrong to be called ah di or xiao di. Maybe the photographer looked a bit young only. To encourage fellow photographers, I would say that photography is a very highly professional job. You must have faith in yourself before people can have faith in You. You can earn super good salary if you are up there. Just to name a few Singaporean photographers:

1) Willy Tang - the legend in this industry - he don't earn less than a million a year. He had a very humble start.

2) John Clank - now station in New York - this guy is also a millionaire and owned a few apartments there. He don't take jobs less then US100k.

3) Edward Low - imaging artist became photographer - he made at less half a million a year. He build his own house.

There are many more out there who earn this money in Singapore. Never underestimate professional photography. This is a tough industry. Being good in photography is not enough. You must also know how to brand yourself and create great rapport with your client. I hope this help.

Last edited:
alantcs2010 said:
It is very common to be called "photographer". It is also nothing wrong to be called ah di or xiao di. Maybe the photographer looked a bit young only. To encourage fellow photographers, I would say that photography is a very highly professional job. You must have faith in yourself before people can have faith in You. You can earn super good salary if you are up there. Just to name a few Singaporean photographers:

1) Willy Tang - the legend in this industry - he don't earn less than a million a year. He had a very humble start.

2) John Clank - now station in New York - this guy is also a millionaire and owned a few apartments there. He don't take jobs less then US100k.

3) Edward Low - imaging artist became photographer - he made at less half a million a year. He build his own house.

There are many more out there who earn this money in Singapore. Never underestimate professional photography. This is a tough industry. Being good in photography is not enough. You must also know how to brand yourself and create great rapport with your client. I hope this help.

Encouraging ...

I am just working hard for 100k annually.

Haha ..

Don't forget the thousands less fortunate struggling photographers.

There should be a public plaque to celebrate these unsung brave souls who have done it for the love of photography without fame and fortune.

17da8ae985ac2e017c9437b7e759_grande.jpg

Always heard of Willie Tang's name, but not seen his works... Anyone got a link where his works can be seen?