Why do you want a DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it'll be cost savings on film and development. Also can shoot more without having to change film and view images instantly.

Can do post-processing on your own. No need to depend on labs to get the final results that you want.

1) You can practice panning without going bankrupt.
2) You can check your exposure and focus and retake if needed
3) You have a new PC and do not know what to do with all that hard disk space
4) You can change film speed shot to shot if you want to

I can just shoot first think later. When I use my film SLR, I've to think first shoot later
because every shoot cost $$$...:thumbsup:

cckue said:
I can just shoot first think later. When I use my film SLR, I've to think first shoot later
because every shoot cost $$$...:thumbsup:

But film ones can train on yr composition better. Digital u'll tend to just shoot n shoot.

Snoweagle said:
But film ones can train on yr composition better. Digital u'll tend to just shoot n shoot.

Not true. I'll normal take only one or two pictures for the same object when using film SLR,
but I'll take more pictures of the the same object in different composition when using DSLR.
You can then compare and choose the better one.

renegade150 said:
Fast AF is relative. Film SLR is also fast in AF. The question is how fast is fast for you?

Regards,
Arto.

cckue said:
Not true. I'll normal take only one or two pictures for the same object when using film SLR,
but I'll take more pictures of the the same object in different composition when using DSLR.
You can then compare and choose the better one.

What i meant is for the majority bro. ;)

I grew up shooting film negatives with my Nikon F70 and I loved it, so I'm biased :) I still prefer film over digital cos I think the colour and contrast and resolution is still better at the moment (minus the PSing). Especially slide film, which I haven't tried yet. Reason why I bought a D70 was for learning purposes really (practice exposure, composition, etc). I can shoot, immediately see what went wrong or right, and learn. WOuld be phenomenally expensive to do that with film. Other plus points for DSLR include shooting numerous frames non-stop without worrying about $$ which is v useful in things like action and candid people photography. Plus when you send digital files for printing, don't need to worry about the lab over or under developing (which was a REAL PAIN with negatives). But I want to shoot slide film one day, when I've improved my skills with the help of my D70 :)

bluemoon said:
I grew up shooting film negatives with my Nikon F70 and I loved it, so I'm biased :) I still prefer film over digital cos I think the colour and contrast and resolution is still better at the moment (minus the PSing). Especially slide film, which I haven't tried yet. Reason why I bought a D70 was for learning purposes really (practice exposure, composition, etc). I can shoot, immediately see what went wrong or right, and learn. WOuld be phenomenally expensive to do that with film. Other plus points for DSLR include shooting numerous frames non-stop without worrying about $$ which is v useful in things like action and candid people photography. Plus when you send digital files for printing, don't need to worry about the lab over or under developing (which was a REAL PAIN with negatives). But I want to shoot slide film one day, when I've improved my skills with the help of my D70 :)

Do try slides, they're excellent!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.