Why do you stick to Sony DSLR?

Why do you need an upgrade? Is there something missing in the A350?

Agreed. A350 with it's 14mp CCD sensor has better colour rendition and sharpness at low ISO compared to current CMOS sensors.

sorry to ot , what would be a cheap decent upgrade from a350 ?
current lens that i have is kit 18-70 , kit 55-200 and uwa 11-18 ,
and i love to take landscape photos.....
any inputs appreciated......
Get the CZ 16-80 and you will never look back. ;p
My friend have this combo since day one. Still Love it now. :)

Sticking to Sony cos of Minolta / KM / Sony lens.
Too expensive & pointless to switch anyway.

there's no need to be offended by ignoramuses. just be cool, chat with them, and show them what you can do with a cheaper set-up than theirs'

there're so many people toting FF cameras (even Sony) that are horrid at taking pictures. but let's be humble. though you might be better than them, always remember that there's always someone who's better than you.

yeah my cheap A33 could take 7FPS lolz and take full HD vid (AVCHD)and very good AF while taking vid =)

It's a Sony...and for me, i have been using the cyber cameras for years and now it's time to upgrade to Sony DSLR....and I just got an A55..was considering between C & N & Sony....Decided to go for Sony when I saw the 10fps...that really blows every other brand away....hahaha...

there's no need to be offended by ignoramuses. just be cool, chat with them, and show them what you can do with a cheaper set-up than theirs'

there're so many people toting FF cameras (even Sony) that are horrid at taking pictures. but let's be humble. though you might be better than them, always remember that there's always someone who's better than you.

:thumbsup: . The following 3 words were exactly what I felt when I dump my 40D/5D/L lenses for embracing Alpha + CZ lens

Cheaper , Better , Faster.

Get the CZ 16-80 and you will never look back. ;p
My friend have this combo since day one. Still Love it now. :)

if i have a CZ lens i will tell him,"i have a kick-ass cz lens.. and look wad's this? oh.. it's called AF, u nv knew cz lenses can AF right?" hahahaha.. juz kidding..

yeah my cheap A33 could take 7FPS lolz and take full HD vid (AVCHD)and very good AF while taking vid =)

i dun think i better la.. still feel very noob like everything oso dunno..

It's a Sony...and for me, i have been using the cyber cameras for years and now it's time to upgrade to Sony DSLR....and I just got an A55..was considering between C & N & Sony....Decided to go for Sony when I saw the 10fps...that really blows every other brand away....hahaha...

same.. i was surfing N and Sony webs.. when i saw A33 & A55, i closed the N web immediately.. hahaha

:thumbsup: . The following 3 words were exactly what I felt when I dump my 40D/5D/L lenses for embracing Alpha + CZ lens

Cheaper , Better , Faster.

you camera muz be wearing white... careful dun go out on rainy days.. got lightning..

Why stick with sony?

1.Not mainstream
2.Always love the word "ALPHA", so special haha
3.Former Minolta user
4.Built in IS *can use my old minolta lenses

After my a200+ CZ 135 (borrowed from a friend haha)won me 1st place in Fashion Photography competition (Indonesia) which literally made other's jaw dropped when announced that the 1st winner is using sony a200 without flash or any lighting equipment as the competition held at night in dim place (other contestants using those high level cameras with all the flashes n lighting equip. which scare me !!! :( ). I loving Sony even more...

well...

I started with the intention of C as I had an old film C being a newbie had no idea what I was going into. After using the Alpha system for a while I have now 3 bodies 100,850 and recently a 55 just for the speed+ 6 lenses etc. In my niece's wedding I was doubling up as the back photographer and when we all said down to look at the finished work you will be surprised to hear comments like " wah color so nice" eh very sharp leh aiyoh why you close up now can see my black head ..." that is the magic of CZ2470 with 850 when during the shoot you would have comments like " eh sony got make camera meh"
Sony as a industrial player has been known to invest very heavily on R&D to stay ahead togather with the know how of Minolta has given the rest a real run for the money.

kendedes said:
Why stick with sony?

1.Not mainstream
3.Former Minolta user

After my a200+ CZ 135 (borrowed from a friend haha)won me 1st place in Fashion Photography competition (Indonesia) which literally made other's jaw dropped when announced that the 1st winner is using sony a200 without flash or any lighting equipment as the competition held at night in dim place (other contestants using those high level cameras with all the flashes n lighting equip. which scare me !!! :( ). I loving Sony even more...

well...

Great story bro.

Why stick with sony?

1.Not mainstream
3.Former Minolta user

well...

:cool: very nice story just to show it is theperson behind the camera matters most. Back home there was this photographer who won a lot of international awards for his photos and he is only using PnS =)

Actually I got my Sony A230 by "accident" :p I wanted to get Nikon D3k when the uncle introduced me to Sony A230 (I bought it when it was quite newly released). Been using it for about a year plus now and yeah lots of people ask me "Sony good meh?" or "Why never use Nikon or Canon? Better what..."

One year plus of using it and I really love my camera. Even though yes many people "doubt" Sony, I'm a proud Sony A230 user and I will stick to Sony. I'm a firm believer in the all time saying of "It's not the camera, but the photographer". And actually in fact, many people were surprised to know that my pictures are shot with a Sony DSLR and not Nikon or Canon. I'm really itching to upgrade but still saving up heh :p

And why I love Sony?
- Simple control and buttons layout
- It's not mainstream hoho (as stated by others as well)
- Actually I don't know, I just love my camera :p

Adhi :)

Why do you stick to sony dslr?

I was told the easiest way to be an Alpha male is to own an Alpha DSLR :bsmilie:

Why do you stick to sony dslr?

I was told the easiest way to be an Alpha male is to own an Alpha DSLR :bsmilie:

so that means to own a real Canon, you have to own a Canon DSLR, or to become a Sith Lord you need to own a Nikon DSLR? HAHAHA.
to be a greek god, you need to own an Olympus DSLR? to have blazing speed like Sonic the Hedgehog you need to own a Panasonic M4/3? or if you're a Tax Officer you need to own a Pentax? :bsmilie:

kendedes said:
Why stick with sony?

1.Not mainstream
3.Former Minolta user

well...

Well done bro!!!

to have blazing speed like Sonic the Hedgehog you need to own a Panasonic M4/3?

Bro, dun laugh hor ! I used to be darn proud of my A55's fps ...until I got a Pana FZ100 superzoom ! ...shooting at 40 fps, will surely get you attention ! (especially if you select the loudest shutter release volume):bsmilie:
but of course, it's a different class of camera(PnS) altogether.

Why stick with Sony DSLR?

I started with it, if I can't get a good photo and jump to another brand - I'd be in denial.

It's like throwing away a paint brush because you can't paint.

It's sad to see people quickly blaming everything else, rather than making an introspection to find out what's happened and how he can improve.

They jump to another brand, still no love. Then jump to another one, still, no love.

If something isn't working - make it work: It makes one a better photographer.

Jumping over is an easy way out, and would only frustrate more if results are still unsatisfactory. Everyone has a tool set that they are used to, and while I do work with cameras from other brands, I rely on my current system because it's familiar, with a well established workflow, affordable. And for the A850, it's a well made, tough and resilient (shot under the wash of a waterfall, many times in the rain) full frame camera which delivers the best indoor and outdoor portraiture shooting performance I've seen for that price bracket, in camera technologies make vintage lenses relevant.

If that explanation doesn't suffice, a few photos from the phone would. :)

Yes. It goes so well with my finely-chiseled jaw, smoldering bedroom stare and intoxicating accent. :bsmilie:

Agree ! ...it goes so well with my gnarly cheesy jaw, stifling boredom stare and intoxicating body scent ! :bsmilie: