Why are new members...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
...never reminded of the rules, like searching before posting, no cross-posting, etc? No infractions/suspensions, etc. It's no wonder why they always keep repeating the same mistakes.

Much like with children, discipline has to start early. :p

...never reminded of the rules, like searching before posting, no cross-posting, etc? No infractions/suspensions, etc. It's no wonder why they always keep repeating the same mistakes.

They are not your children .

I think new members should be excused. New members may not know their way around the forums, and sometimes the search results might not turn up well if they didn't use the correct key words

When oldthreads don't have any replies, they get relegated and new members may not be able to find them.

Besides, without new members starting new threads, this forum will become more and more dormant.

If we all rely on the old threads, normal members will not have the chance to answer posts and will never have the chance to become a senior member

Finally when newbies ask for help, moderators have requested us to do the following:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1091136

If we give infractions to New Members, so for those who are members for many years here, what should do to them if they failed to read the sticky threads? A bigger Hammer or Axe?

there are people like to be fed, not just in this forum, these people are exist everywhere, in our workplace, school etc, are you going to scold them one by one? most of the time we just ignore them, right?
but why we need to tell people off when this happen in the forums? is it because we can scold people without revealing ourself in the web?

I understand some time can be quite annoying, if a same question being ask everyday, but there ways to tell new members to utilize the sticky thread.

for an example; a new member asked "can I know what is the optimist humidity level to store my camera?"

reply #1, please go and search, this question has been ask thousand and thousand time already, in fact, you are the third person asking the same question today.

reply #2, hey, that is a good question, do you know we have a lot of stick threads to help new members like you, here is one on the dry box and dry cabinet, (Link). Do check out other useful sticky threads as well (links).

you tell me which can deliver the same message better?

Happy to help, help. Not happy, ignore and go cheong your no. of posts somewhere else.

Simple right? better than thinking one is so almighty, starting to lecture everyone with, why don't you google this and that, did you do a search? etc etc.

Happy to help, help. Not happy, ignore and go cheong your no. of posts somewhere else.

Simple right? better than thinking one is so almighty, starting to lecture everyone with, why don't you google this and that, did you do a search? etc etc.

Still better than someone who just creates a clone account with the specific intention of trolling one person. :)

Still better than someone who just creates a clone account with the specific intention of trolling one person. :)

Still better than someone who also creates a clone account with the specific intention of cheoing post by google-chanting everywhere, anywhere behaving like all-questions-asked-are-rubbish-almighty. :heart:

Trolling? haa, joke of the year..Psst, don't think so highly of oneself... thanks for making my day...

Still better than someone who also creates a clone account with the specific intention of cheoing post by google-chanting everywhere, anywhere behaving like all-questions-asked-are-rubbish-almighty. :heart:

Trolling? haa, joke of the year..Psst, don't think so highly of oneself... thanks for making my day...

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/wakaowalao/media/Untitled-1-copy.jpg.html

Well since I have no clones, feel free to live with your delusions. :)

Nice try at trolling by the way! Thanks for making my day by being so pathetic. :-D

Stop the keyboard warrior bull-****.

Just meet up and have kopi, you guys/gals probably fall in love with each other after that.

Worst to worst, drown each other with coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.