Who still shoot Slide Film here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, my family will be visiting me in Australia very soon. Just wondering where do you guys buy Velvia 50 in 135 and 120 rolls from? I'm hoping to get 20-30 rolls of each format :) Thanks in advance!

Ruby Photo at Peninsula. They always seem to have tons of it in the fridge in both formats, I tend to get my Velvia/Provia from them.

Never shot film. Dont mean to sound offensive, but i dont want to? With digital SLRs almost or even surpassing film quality, why bother? Though i think its good cause i cant bloody get all the colours from my screen to paper with a printer. GOSH x(

Vanbar or PRA lololol

LOL didn't expect to see you here! :p

Ruby Photo at Peninsula. They always seem to have tons of it in the fridge in both formats, I tend to get my Velvia/Provia from them.

Thanks sloth, I rang them today and I'll be getting some Velvia 50 120 and E100VS 35 from them :)

LOL didn't expect to see you here! :p

Thanks sloth, I rang them today and I'll be getting some Velvia 50 120 and E100VS 35 from them :)

Cool :) happy shooting!

How much do ruby photo sell their velvia 50 n provia 100F for 35mm?
Thinking of trying out these 2 films for x-pro. ;)

$12.80 and $10.80 if I remember correctly.. Velvia gives a purplish shift while Provia a greenish shift from my experience..

How much do ruby photo sell their velvia 50 n provia 100F for 35mm?
Thinking of trying out these 2 films for x-pro. ;)

i think j-chan gave the correct price.

but i prefer velvia 50 but as for provia, i rather use sensia.;p

Never shot film. Dont mean to sound offensive, but i dont want to? With digital SLRs almost or even surpassing film quality, why bother? Though i think its good cause i cant bloody get all the colours from my screen to paper with a printer. GOSH x(

Thanks for your opinion.

I agree that for some applications, FF / APS-C sensor DSLR perhaps surpassed 35mm film. You should try shooting with a 645 or 6x7 MF from Bronica, costing $1k +/- for portrait with Astia 100F slide. Compare the colour with the digital prints or on screen.

Of course there are space for both digital and film (slide here).

Film got me thinking and slow me down. Digital is expensive, but effective.

i think j-chan gave the correct price.

but i prefer velvia 50 but as for provia, i rather use sensia.;p

I tried sensia, but preferred Provia... the color is more rich for me..... Just shot one roll recently, and hope it turned out well.....

Thanks for your opinion.

I agree that for some applications, FF / APS-C sensor DSLR perhaps surpassed 35mm film. You should try shooting with a 645 or 6x7 MF from Bronica, costing $1k +/- for portrait with Astia 100F slide. Compare the colour with the digital prints or on screen.

Of course there are space for both digital and film (slide here).

D SLR better than Film??? Let's just focus on White Balancing alone..... I am sure you know who is the winner.... in term of color reproduction.

Having shots slide and done 60 MP scanning on it, I think scanned slides still win a 18MP D SLR shots.....

I am saddened by the demise of film...... but while my film SLR and film is still available.... I will try to have fun with it....

For people who never shot film.... well, it is nothing wrong not to have shot films but you should never underestimate films.

I think digital shooter have a different mentality from film shooter.

Film shooter will think and plan what to shoot, ie. composition.

Digital shooter is like wack 100 shots and hope for 5 to make it..... and they think they can go Pro liao!!!

Perhaps you have this opinion precisely because you haven't shot film before.

Never shot film.

To further elaborate: Never shot film --> No experience with film --> Any opinions about film shall be considered baseless and subjective.

Dont mean to sound offensive, but i dont want to?

You already did.

With digital SLRs almost or even surpassing film quality, why bother?

Again, baseless opinion highlighting the depth of your knowledge, or the lack of it.

Though i think its good cause i cant bloody get all the colours from my screen to paper with a printer. GOSH x(

Statement is too vague. What is it that have caused you to arrive at this statement? Do let us know the photography editing software, the printer that you are using.

D SLR better than Film??? Let's just focus on White Balancing alone..... I am sure you know who is the winner.... in term of color reproduction.

Having shots slide and done 60 MP scanning on it, I think scanned slides still win a 18MP D SLR shots.....

I am saddened by the demise of film...... but while my film SLR and film is still available.... I will try to have fun with it....

For people who never shot film.... well, it is nothing wrong not to have shot films but you should never underestimate films.

Please leave your interpretation of my statement aside. I am talking about applications in an overall aspect and only certain applications, not all. Surely a news journalist will find it more efficient with a DSLR than good old film for event reporting?

I am quoting a fact, you are merely quoting an opinion, which is subjective. But I will say that I will still prefer the colours of certain slide films, which people are trying to emulate on digital.

Please leave your interpretation of my statement aside. I am talking about applications in an overall aspect and only certain applications, not all. Surely a news journalist will find it more efficient with a DSLR than good old film for event reporting?

I am quoting a fact, you are merely quoting an opinion, which is subjective. But I will say that I will still prefer the colours of certain slide films, which people are trying to emulate on digital.

Ok, I get you now. Having digital sure is convenient....

Somehow.... I feel less satisfaction shooting digital... Maybe cos I do not print as often, so it felt empty? I think I enjoy holding the photos... hahaha.... :bsmilie:

I think digital shooter have a different mentality from film shooter.

Film shooter will think and plan what to shoot, ie. composition.

Digital shooter is like wack 100 shots and hope for 5 to make it..... and they think they can go Pro liao!!!

So what about people who shoot both?

Status
Not open for further replies.