who is th e best b/w master in singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have lost touch with him. what does he do nowaday and where is he now? still in HK.

popeye said:
Desmond Kwan

reachme2003 said:
i have lost touch with him. what does he do nowaday and where is he now? still in HK.

Just met him about 2 weeks ago. He tried to sell me a 8x10 enlarger!

thanks for the update.

student said:
Just met him about 2 weeks ago. He tried to sell me a 8x10 enlarger!

nikonpicture said:
hi everyone, pro and non-pro.

where is th e best place ot learn photoraphy?:cool:

safra, PSS, etc.

but hwere is the best place to master b/w?:angel:

who is th ebest b/w master in Singapore? no one?:dunno:

aren't u the Slide King or slide master? something like that...
:bsmilie:

popeye said:
he used to be

The title of this thread is

"who is"

Not "who used to be".

But he is a very good B&W printer.

student said:
Ken Seet is good. But I do not think his B&W traditonal printing is the "best".

+1.....

Ansel Adams, gets my vote.

;)

hondasleeper said:
Ansel Adams, gets my vote.

;)

Er, Ansel Adams in Singapore?

i learned my first B&W from a guy named. C.S.Teng. i cannot say he is a master of B&W but all i can say is he is very passionate abt B&W. you can hunt for him at camera workshop or ruby, he fequent there to get some eq and film.

kerpalz said:
i learned my first B&W from a guy named. C.S.Teng. i cannot say he is a master of B&W but all i can say is he is very passionate abt B&W. you can hunt for him at camera workshop or ruby, he fequent there to get some eq and film.

Ah, yes, Teng. Have not seen him for a while.

Wonderful bloke. And absolutely passionate about B&W photography.

HMM,

I GUESS EVERYONE HERE IS RIGHT and wrong...

b/w master? by whose standard?

:bsmilie:

I wonder how this thread will help the original poster on look for help. He may have asked the wrong question but I think it's best if you all can direct him to a person who has a darkroom, enlarger and so on. And that can at least print.

It's actually your own preference on how to print your B&W. The papers, chemicals, enlarger lens, enlarger and treatment are some of the things which has a wide variety to go for.

B&W techniques are quite personnal actually and yes you can learn from someone who maybe the best in Singapore (some say JB and Batam) but if it does not suit your way of printing, it does not help that person that much.

I love B&W printing very much but have to stop printing for now due to commitment towards a super hectic schedules. It's that process that bring out your own personality on the prints that you execute.

Sorry but I can't really help the original poster on who to look for printing black and white.

Agree with some on there is no such thing as the best. If there is one, it wil not be in Singapore.....

Pro Image said:
Agree with some on there is no such thing as the best. If there is one, it wil not be in Singapore.....
Haha....you can bet on that.

And the rest of us are just slaving our arses off with 2 stupid jobs in case of retrenchment.

Status
Not open for further replies.