Who is learning driving now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see if I can put it down in text.

Step 1 : ensure car is approx 4 - 6 ft away from the line.
Step 2 : reverse slowly till you see the marker pole on the marking of the rear screen.
Step 3 : Start turn (full lock) and verify if pole re-appears. If it does, then revert by 1 turn to correct. When pole dissapears from sight again, turn full lock again and check mirror to see if you're in position.
Step 4 : Once you're in, wait till your car is vertically positioned before you revert the steering wheel back to straight alignment.
Step 5 : reverse slowly till you're parked.

Steps to quick and hasty reversing:

1. Reverse Until you hear a 'BANG'
2. Go forward a little

Repeat steps until your car is in the lot. :p

anyone got any good private instructor to recommend? planning to learn auto.. :D can meet the instructor at bishan or amk area. :)

Head in parking very difficult to get out!! ;p Go for the driving orientation course.. they will teach you how to park without poles.. not that difficult actually. ;p

I never got the whole poles thing, seeing how poles do not sprout from the ground when you're in the real world driving about.

when I got my licence, I had to reprogram myself to park without the aid of poles, especially when it came to parallel parking. my friend went one step better by using them wheelie dustbins as simulated parked cars, to park in between them either vertically or horizontally.

but yah, never got the whole "turn your wheel to the half lock position when the pole 'touches' the frame' of the window" thing. don't know how I manage to park without hitting anybody/thing immediately after passing. :p

Any SSDC student? Just wanna check if you guys can view the 10 test routes online (after login as student)?

hey guys..i got my licence for 3 mths liao...got my car 2 weeks ago and hv been very
careful when driving..last week during traffic jam, i kenna banged at the left side by
1 stupid van when he cut into my lane from the left without signalling..then he drove
off even though i horned him to stop!! my workshop fren who is also doing accident
claims for customers told me its a 50/50 case..not a "sure win" case as i was knocked at
the side and not the back of the car..i really wanted to cry out cos my 1 week old new
car has been banged and i hv to fork out $$ to get it repaired and the one who banged
me can get off scot-free.

now i seems to hv got driving phobia ever since the accident but still hv to drive becos
of work..i'm very tensed up and nervous when other vehicles come very near me..frens
hv been telling me not to worry too much and the phobia will go off gradually when i
drive more often and become more experienced..any advices to help me overcome the
phobia will be very much appreciated.

anyone got any good private instructor to recommend? planning to learn auto.. :D can meet the instructor at bishan or amk area. :)

My previous private instructor is not bad . . .

hey guys..i got my licence for 3 mths liao...got my car 2 weeks ago and hv been very
careful when driving..last week during traffic jam, i kenna banged at the left side by
1 stupid van when he cut into my lane from the left without signalling..then he drove
off even though i horned him to stop!! my workshop fren who is also doing accident
claims for customers told me its a 50/50 case..not a "sure win" case as i was knocked at
the side and not the back of the car..i really wanted to cry out cos my 1 week old new
car has been banged and i hv to fork out $$ to get it repaired and the one who banged

now i seems to hv got driving phobia ever since the accident but still hv to drive becos
of work..i'm very tensed up and nervous when other vehicles come very near me..frens
hv been telling me not to worry too much and the phobia will go off gradually when i
drive more often and become more experienced..any advices to help me overcome the

Yes. Keep a safety distance. Double check blind spots.

I never got the whole poles thing, seeing how poles do not sprout from the ground when you're in the real world driving about.

when I got my licence, I had to reprogram myself to park without the aid of poles, especially when it came to parallel parking. my friend went one step better by using them wheelie dustbins as simulated parked cars, to park in between them either vertically or horizontally.

but yah, never got the whole "turn your wheel to the half lock position when the pole 'touches' the frame' of the window" thing. don't know how I manage to park without hitting anybody/thing immediately after passing. :p

If there is an adjacent car, use the headlights as a guide. I rely a lot on the side mirrors to get myself parallel to the lot.

Yes. Keep a safety distance. Double check blind spots.

Yeah, I second that.. double confirming blind spots VERY important!! Some vehicles to be wary about.... Taxis, vans, Y-plate lorries (the X plate trucks are usually more careful.) and other commercial vehicles.. The drivers are not able to tolerate indecisive behaviour because time is money to them or they are on the road for so long their temper is already quite hot, especially at the end of the day.

When behind, keep a look out for the behaviour of vehicles in the adjacent lanes and be wary if they are keeping close to the lane markings. Better to stay behind them and leave ample space for them until they go back to the centre of the lane or they cut in front of you. When you drive more you will learn to read other vehicles. If you need to go slow, just go slow, don't care what the vehicle behind thinks. If the vehicle behind tailgates, then slow down even more until the vehicle overtakes you. Don't hog the extreme right lane if you're not driving fast enough.

For myself, I am on a mission to improve fuel efficiency so I usually do not like to ram my accelerator, but at times I have to.. :bheart: :sweat: otherwise I'll never be able to change lanes.

I'm into my 2nd month of driving myself.

when driving, also keep a look out on your sides for other vehicles, and see what they want to do....anticipate that they suddenly cut into your lane..that always happen when you got P plate. everyday i drove to work via jalan buroh, imagine the amount of concrete trucks, container trailers, lowbed i have to share the road with...:sweat: and those big vehicles speed like their grandfather road...check and double check, and always travel within speed limits.

My test date coming up soon....

21st Jan... good luck to me. :bsmilie:

when driving, also keep a look out on your sides for other vehicles, and see what they want to do....anticipate that they suddenly cut into your lane..that always happen when you got P plate. everyday i drove to work via jalan buroh, imagine the amount of concrete trucks, container trailers, lowbed i have to share the road with...:sweat: and those big vehicles speed like their grandfather road...check and double check, and always travel within speed limits.

Walao.. this morning as I was filtering into PIE towards Changi Airport from TPE, dunno why a car from right most lane have to cut into his left which was the lane I was filtering into I had to brake to avoid him as he comes through, only to filter back into the right lane again because the car in front was too slow!!! Idiotic behaviour!! Had I not confirmed my blind spot before moving in, he would have hit me.

Was there a need for him to filter left into my target lane when I was trying to filter there in the first place? Duh!!!

that's why always must check left, right, and back. whenever i'm on the expressway, i checked left, right and back to see what's there, any vehicles or not, or it's clear, just in case anything in front that requires evasive maneuvers.

i hate those driving vehicles like nissan cabstar, or those lorries full of workers..they tend to speed and change lanes abruptly, cos they're rushing for time. i suspect these drivers sideline by providing illegal transportation for those workers (pick up from their dorm and send back after work), using their company's vehicles.

Walao.. this morning as I was filtering into PIE towards Changi Airport from TPE, dunno why a car from right most lane have to cut into his left which was the lane I was filtering into I had to brake to avoid him as he comes through, only to filter back into the right lane again because the car in front was too slow!!! Idiotic behaviour!! Had I not confirmed my blind spot before moving in, he would have hit me.

Was there a need for him to filter left into my target lane when I was trying to filter there in the first place? Duh!!!

hi everyone.. i got some qns to ask here cuz very scared tp cuming soon 3 weeks ltr..
1)When we do the slope in circuit right., do when signal right once pulled up the handbrake or only signal right before moving off?
2)When doing lane change do we signal 1st den check blindspot or vice versa?
3)When sae during tp got car stop at side of a double white line road for quite long., den opposite lane got cars.. den how ar? can't cross the centre of the road right?
4)When passing obstacles., only go pass in second gear right?

Status
Not open for further replies.