Who is learning driving now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I not impress by the speed set by whoever down here but pls remember that there are other road users and you might killing someone else life instead.

I was inside that car with another 4 ppl in a 2l car. If he out of control, that's for all of us. I can out race my colleagues (even before having a licence) in NFS game but in real life, I not a speed demon.

Virtual and real world are different. I can speed all I want in game but on road, exceeding speed limit is a :nono:. Drive with care, pls be considerate. (Wait I chiong over 200km/h at LCK area. ;p)

dun sound like u leh... since when u so hum chee? :think:

If I don't remember wrongly, I think there is a conversion to go through, no need to take theory again but must go through the practical test again.

I think no difference. Under the classes just show 3A instead of 3, and description defines as a clutchless vehicle.

I think it should be because it's easier to master the control of the car and can concentrate on learning the traffic situations, so I think need less lessons.

Yes, they still do, depending on what time you take the test. Some testers will tell you that but they don't tap. Walao.. just listen to the 'piak' sound and react lah.. ;p

wait a minute.auto car doesnt mean it's clutchless what...

guys ah...need yr advice. i am going overseas for studies next feb for the whole year then come back. would it be practical to learn driving now ( not working, nt studying) full time ?

where are you going?

now not working not studying, best to clear your TP, its something thats best cleared early when you have the opportunity of doing it full time..

i did mine during army, every sat/sunday chiong lessons.. dam shag.. failed my first test.. after that all the practice sessions were on sat/sunday too till my 2nd test.. all in all abt 8 months of weekends gone?

;p nxt time come back already working already.. learning driving can be quite a drag, at least for a couple of friends of mine learning right now at SSDC.

hao lian... try driving a 1000cc with 110 and feel the diff between a 3l at 110, world of difference, maybe he sat on 1 with 1l and was shaking so badly... :bsmilie:

anything 2l and above, 180 is nothing...

i floored to 120-130mph on two vehicles before, both rented/full insurance covered on an interstate highway.. you know as a conservative driver in singapore.. when you hit a road that is that wide and that long.. you just want to stomp the accelerator to experience what you cant experience in sg.. that little thrill..

one was a pontiac grand prix with a 3.7 litre engine
the other was a nissan pathfinder (4L). and its not the capacity that matters really.

on the pontiac, at 115mph(equivalence of almost 180km/h) there abouts the car starts to feel really light, steering vibrates badly and it becomes a little hard to control. immediately slowed down because it was becoming dangerous.. perhaps the aerodynamics of the vehicle wasnt really that good although pickup and response is good.

on the other hand the fuel guzzling pathfinder, boxy and super heavy, pushed to 130mph remained stable and comfortable.. not too much difference in capacity for both.. but super big difference in road holding.

but i'll never do it again!!.. its not nice being caught by the sheriff.. i was once chased by the sherriff along the interstate passing through mojave desert towards las vegas.. was doing 85 on a 65 mph road.. well i put on my super innocent goodboy face and fortunately he let me off.. else the fine could have been a few hundred bucks.. if you exceed more than 30mph on the highway.. you get thrown into jail straight.. do not pass go.. do not collect $200 :bsmilie:

dont expect to do the same thing in singapore.. and if ever i am going to get myself a vehicle i'll look for one that has a good pickup and good response, rather than topspeeds thats redundant on tightly controlled roads with lots of traffic lights in sg.

dun sound like u leh... since when u so hum chee?

Ya Ya, me different liao, cannot har? ;p

Damn :embrass: just now. Lock myself out from the car as I got to pump petrol. In the end, spend another $60 for locksmith. That amt can rent another day of driving liao. :( But take this as a lesson. No pain, No gain.

After 5 hrs of driving n moving things, can't get to sleep liao. Maybe later at work, might KO most of the time :eek: See how lor, really very tiring on driving for a time being, really need good break after that.

Going off to work soon, still stone for now. Night driving, need to be extra careful liao. :sweat:

Damn :embrass: just now. Lock myself out from the car as I got to pump petrol. In the end, spend another $60 for locksmith. That amt can rent another day of driving liao. :( But take this as a lesson. No pain, No gain.
wah ... so unlucky and malu :confused:

The petrol station must be pissed off that the pump occupied by you for sometimes.

wah ... so unlucky and malu

The petrol station must be pissed off that the pump occupied by you for sometimes.

Luckily is off peak. No choice lor, take it as an experience. No pain, No gain. ;)

After yesterday night shift, still went to ferry some one to work as she work in a salon nearby my house. Then went to collect my licence at the post office, the car park near it, damn irritating. Up a few levels then got park for hourly one else the rest, season parking. :angry: Slept ard 1130...................

Wake up ard 3pm, then go n drive ard liao. Missed some junction, acc when going down slope, over take as no choice (90km/h at LCK) and almost hit 2 vans as one out from side road, I going to fast, squeeze pass. :sweat:

Then bring my friends for dinner n the guy beside me keep telling what to do n makes me more nervous. In the end, still bring them back in a piece, haha! :bsmilie: Then went back to company n buy my colleague some coffee. They working night shift, so, since free n still got a lot of petrol, why not? Tomorrow fetching them back, as one of them stays at bishan, good enough for me to drain the petrol n improve my skills too.

Need to wake up at 7am, 6 hours of sleep only. Returning the car ard 1130 and then go back. After finish off with some matters in the afternoon, will be sleeping like a log till Sat morning for my day shift. Too bad no more car to drive else will be better. Anyway, 2nd hand car still not recommended so much. Rent it still ok, don't buy it. :nono:

Anyway, 2nd hand car still not recommended so much. Rent it still ok, don't buy it. :nono:

wah..u compare rented car to 2nd hand car not very fair leh...rented car dunno taken
how many "abuses" from different drivers but 2nd hand car normally only abused by
1 owner...if taken good care by the owner, some 2nd hand cars can still be in pristine
condition...and for new P-plate drivers and the high COE now, 2nd hand car will be a better
choice than new car...but of course, if u can afford it then go for new car.

lol.. you mean this? :

ferrari612scagliettipadxl4.jpg

wah..u compare rented car to 2nd hand car not very fair leh...rented car dunno taken
how many "abuses" from different drivers but 2nd hand car normally only abused by
1 owner...if taken good care by the owner, some 2nd hand cars can still be in pristine
condition...and for new P-plate drivers and the high COE now, 2nd hand car will be a better
choice than new car...but of course, if u can afford it then go for new car.

I compare as both also travel so much. Almost 145000 km liao. If you got a second hand car which travel that much, can forget abt getting it. Mileage plays a impt part as can tell u whether the engine still good for long distance run or not.

Anyway, maybe after a few times of renting a car, I might get a new car when can. No need to move things on/off the car n display parking coupons even nearby my house. Drive less if want to save petrol lor, heh heh! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.