Who is going to collect their dream iBOOK tomorrow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
markccm said:
btw, Singnet withdrew their offer liao.

overwhelming response...

haha .... what type of marketing dept they have!!!! withdraw offers due to good response!!!!!
i thought the idea of promotion is to get overwhelming responses. normally it should be: due to overwhelming response, the offer has been EXTENDED to another 12 months or 24 months, etc......... :bsmilie:

how come no response from starhub maxonline leh? I wan my ibook soon!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
speedballs make your balls go faster... hahahaha...

nah... it just elevate the laptop making the bottom cooler

But REMEMBER NEVER USE THE SPEEDBALLS WHEN YOU ARE BURNING DVDs or CDs.

I have had cases for myself and some of my buddies who uses MAC iBook that when you either burn DVDs or CDs, it sometimes willl get hang and it will stop burning. And you can say goodbye to your fresh CD/DVD.

So just a reminder to all those who love to burn CDs or DVDs on their MAC.

Pro Image said:
But REMEMBER NEVER USE THE SPEEDBALLS WHEN YOU ARE BURNING DVDs or CDs.

I have had cases for myself and some of my buddies who uses MAC iBook that when you either burn DVDs or CDs, it sometimes willl get hang and it will stop burning. And you can say goodbye to your fresh CD/DVD.

So just a reminder to all those who love to burn CDs or DVDs on their MAC.

den put a pair of balls next time... hahahahahahah

1 ball = 2 1/2 balls... :bsmilie:

alamak miss the boat dying to get a mac to replace my pc

Canonised said:
haha .... what type of marketing dept they have!!!! withdraw offers due to good response!!!!!
i thought the idea of promotion is to get overwhelming responses. normally it should be: due to overwhelming response, the offer has been EXTENDED to another 12 months or 24 months, etc......... :bsmilie:

how come no response from starhub maxonline leh? I wan my ibook soon!

singnet have to fork some $$ to give away iBooks? with signing of contract BB subscriber don't commit $1788 upfront wat.. some $$ has to come from somewhere?

also got Apple's side of the equation mah.. maybe
- they agree to reserve for singnet a limited no. of iBooks
- control market - not happy with new iBooks popping up for direct resale

don't know how their tie-up arrangment is like, maybe someone else can give insights.

igpenguin said:
singnet have to fork some $$ to give away iBooks? with signing of contract BB subscriber don't commit $1788 upfront wat.. some $$ has to come from somewhere?

It is the same concept as mobile operators giving out free/discount phones. They hope to hook you on and continue using their service after the contract expires.

S11loop said:
i hope it is not going to be a long Q tomorrow :sweat:

Went to Apple Shop at Funan today to ask about the iBook ... they are expecting a large crowd. They have already prepared a big table to assist enquiries and facilitate the Q.

Don't forget to bring your IC (no driver's license), the voucher and the original sing-up/application form. Without these items, they will not let you get the iBook. Also found out that this machine can only upgrade RAM ... cannot upgrade HDD. Basic upgrade to 1GB is about another $220+ ....

Point to note (as what i have heard from them) ... once they finish giving out this batch of stock, those who have not collected will have to wait for the next batch to come in; but not sure when that will be ...

I will try to be there to collect mine in the afternoon ... provided the Q is not extreme long ...

RGDs

For those who are going to buy accessories after getting iBook, do note there are several shops selling the same stuff and price differs greatly...

And for the die-hard, 1,2,5th level of Funan is entire free internet surfing :bsmilie:

Umm, collected my ibook last week liao. Dun u all noe can collect earlier? No queue sumore!!!

Long Thai Bean said:
Also found out that this machine can only upgrade RAM ... cannot upgrade HDD. Basic upgrade to 1GB is about another $220+ ....

You can upgrade the HDD yourself, but warranty will be void.

Haiz... I believe a good percentage of the "free" iBooks will be left to collect dust after a while. :cry:

zod said:
It is the same concept as mobile operators giving out free/discount phones. They hope to hook you on and continue using their service after the contract expires.

yes this part i know.. (or maybe i don't - i simply don't go for contract plans be it mobile or broadband)

what i'm trying to figure out is why the promotion stopped when all indicators showed that the plan + freebie is indeed very popular..

ie. any business or logistics reason why they stopped iBook freebie (or hook)

igpenguin said:
yes this part i know.. (or maybe i don't - i simply don't go for contract plans be it mobile or broadband)

what i'm trying to figure out is why the promotion stopped when all indicators showed that the plan + freebie is indeed very popular..

ie. any business or logistics reason why they stopped iBook freebie (or hook)
Should I go down and take a look? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.