Status
Not open for further replies.
edxen said:
film for now lorz.. :)
future later den decide.. price still play a large part.. :cool:

Hi everyone,
me still use film cos film can create alot things there

;)

When you shoot portrait, nothing come close to real colour rendition from film such as Kodak Max 400 or the 160s.

digital looks good on computer screen, but the inherent problem with digital is the colour for skin tone is almost always off tangent when you get it printed.

So for shooting portrait or people, I will always stay with colour and B&W film. I do my own B&W processing and print.

To save time, now i may consider using C41 B&W film and get it printed by KONOTA for 4R and film development.

Once I selected the good shots, I will get it blown up using traditional B&W printing method. I think this will save loads of time in enjoying the benefit of B&W prints.

Hello....Newbie to the forum

Ummm... I use Both digi and SLR...

For me .... I think both hv their advantage...

For Fim... I jus love the antipation of waiting to see the out come of the shoot....weather good or bad .... is still fun

For digi.....is more like a point and shoot thing for me.....but then .... hving the ability to edit .. the pic taken ..to enhence the pic... is the fun part of it....

=)

but in future would love to own both format SLR cam :bsmilie:

still using film most of the time......
do have a normal d.c. for family outing casual shooting......
use f90x for my own leisure shoot and f100/f4 for my assignment jobs.
planning to go into dslr for my work but seems like it's limitation is holding me back........
still like films.....the tmax 3200 b/w is good for me.......

Still like film, especially taking slides. Developing and film scanning might incurred cost but the output is wonderful. Try scanning at 64 base. If its not for convenience, i dun think i will go digital. Im still waiting cos digital is constantly improving very fast. Starting cost is :sweat:

Compact digital cameras maybe the digilux2 for a family outings, cover shoot or places where holding a SLR is too eye catchy.

film all the way.

i'm a sucker for the Yashica GTN/GSNs... just bought another one today. :embrass:

wow...take off my hat and hormat you for your collection!

LCT said:
wow...take off my hat and hormat you for your collection!

haha...thanks.

but it's ironic that i used a digital cam to take the photos of my film cams. :embrass:

patch17 said:
film all the way.

i'm a sucker for the Yashica GTN/GSNs... just bought another one today. :embrass:

Yashica GTN is great camera :)
to lower TCO for film, can try KC @Ginza Plaza, $9.90 for film processing and print to CDR. No need to keep so many prints. Print those you like later :)

whoelse said:
Yashica GTN is great camera :)
to lower TCO for film, can try KC @Ginza Plaza, $9.90 for film processing and print to CDR. No need to keep so many prints. Print those you like later :)

thanks for the tip. :D

nice pictures you took with your FED.

As an amateur, I am still using film SLR for hobbyist shooting and got a 4Mp 3x zoom digicam with all the photo controls to get to know digital.

Great thing about that digicam is that you get instant result, fast F2.8 aperture, real close-up without any accessories. But, slow start up time, shutter lag and you cannot stop down to F13 or smaller.

So, I carry on with the trusty film SLR until the day when we get full-frame 24x36 sensor that doesn't cost a bomb. Of course, we can off-set the cost of a dSLR from the cost of film and development.

The digicam is for snapshots and when I need to have the pix almost instantly.

Well

I am using both... F80 and S50. However, i feels that the S50 does not fulfill the creative portion of photography but it does a great job in recording candid and for travel purposes.

Also, as far as i am aware, digital capture is still inferior in quality to slides and to a lesser extent, negative. By using drum scanning or direct scanning, the resolution is much higher. Also, colours are more accurate (to the film) but not necessary to the situation. e.g. Ultra saturation of Velvia 50 and accurate colours of Reala 100.

However, chances are i will get a DSLR as it does have numerous advantages and the quality of the digital print and the allure of Photoshop manipulation is just too tempting!!

nemesis32 said:
Well

I am using both... F80 and S50. However, i feels that the S50 does not fulfill the creative portion of photography but it does a great job in recording candid and for travel purposes.

Which part of the creative portion of photography does the s50 not fulfill? Care to share?

nemesis32 said:
Well

i think he means the "power power" aspects of film/film slr like interchangeable lenses, choice of film, ability to control exposure settings in a less restricted setting

Its still primarily film for my personal stuff, although I do use a DSLR for work related stuff because of the ease and need for quick image transmissions back to the project offices from remote sites or when I'm offshore (film would require a helo pick-up from offshore which is very expensive and unjustifiable to project budgets).

I shoot 35mm, medium & large format. As for digital, I only use it when I need pictures for my website.I am 99.9% film user. :)

I wield a A70 and a EOS 300.. But i think i shoot more on my EOS 300. hur hur..

In a way, Film gives a larger sense of satisfaction as before you push the shutter, you'd need to consider the cost. Whether that shot will be a good one or not. Whether you'd waste that one frame or not. Whether if you should take another shot lest the picture turn out bad. So many factors! But when you get the end result, and it turns out beautiful, you'd feel a greater sense of satisfaction.

I guess this satisafaction is also fueled by the waiting time for the film to be developed. Digital lacks this. Because you get instant feed back. Not so shiok. Heh.

I use my A70 mostly for snaps and fun stuffs. Those kinda shots that would be considered "Wastage".. hur hur :D

I shoot film exclusively until Minolta unveils its new DSLR concept this Feb....

bishop said:
Started with Instamatic cameras...years ago...
Any of you guys remember MagicCubes..those four sided
disposable revolving Flash Bulbs of yesteryears...

Now Using and F65 as my main workhorse....

An FM10 for my landscapes.....

You can call it as Love on a Diet....

Film is still the best....

Cheers!
Hi Bishop,

I remember those simple Kodak cams using the obsolete 110 cartridges that pops into the cam. Then, I used one of the first electronic cam, the Yashica Electro GSN that was somewhat a Leica lookalike. Next was a Pentax ME Super, that I used for some 16 years.

Almost 3 years ago, I switched to a Nikon F65, while waiting for the full frame dSLR to be at the amateur level. Today, we are not quite near it yet. Perhaps another 3 to 5 years. I have outgrown the F65, and moved on to the Nikon F80, only 3 months ago. F80 is real wonderful indeed, with some features that are not even found in the F100! Real cool man!

Status
Not open for further replies.