White body camera

Stitchbabe

Nov 6, 2012
Singapore
Hi all,

Is there any way we can slow down the process of turning yellow on white camera body? I know it can't be prevented.. But wondering if it can be lighten or slowed down..

Maybe can try cleaning it with a damp cloth everytime you finish shooting?

Or just wear cotton gloves..

buy a can of white spray paint. or white paint markers.

but TBH, white colored products will easily turn yellow unless they have a special coating to prevent that.

bleaching reagent?..just my thoughts since it can used on clothes..@@

Thanks guys. If I really can't take it, I might as well change the panel :)

you could use Gif, girlfriend.

It works on my toilet wall tiles. Turns white again...gently apply some though. HTH

Shizuma said:
you could use Gif, girlfriend.

It works on my toilet wall tiles. Turns white again...gently apply some though. HTH

Uhm. I wouldn't.

i heard that saliva helps. the enzymes in saliva breaks down the yellow gunk stuck to the camera body.

lick your camera!

Last edited:
Stop smoking :)

Wash your hands more! ;)

The white plastic turns yellow because it has absorbed impurities from the environment. Like you said, there is no way to stop it. However, keeping it in dry cabinet/ air-tight box MAY slow down the process (although dry cabinet/ air-tight box do not equate clean environment).

Paint it BLACK or Paste sticker on it :bsmilie:

for a start dun use with hands wet..sweaty palms...

Jif or CIf works on white stuff like Legos..then again this is camera..so might wanna try a bit and rub using pieces of cloth.

erm..why get a white in the first place..heh..looks nice but dirty easily..
another way if ur camera is those small ones..like M4/3 or mirrorless..apply leatherlette on it..looks nicer too.