Which shops stock Pentax cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
50-135, $1255

Please, don't tell me if a better deal comes along. haha.

Local warranty or grey import? If grey, I think TCW is a little cheaper...
But don't fret about money and start posting some awesome pictures from that killer lens...

Local warranty or grey import? If grey, I think TCW is a little cheaper...
But don't fret about money and start posting some awesome pictures from that killer lens...

Oh local.

Yeah TCW is definitely cheaper for grey.

Posting photos... Hm. I find the photo thread painful to read at work (many image hosts are blocked) and since I post to fb (which is also blocked) hard to post. :p

But be very careful of their accessories that they insist that you have to buy at exhorbitant pricing . . .;)

be very careful indeed. bally's on 2nd floor Funan btw, not 5th.

be very careful indeed. bally's on 2nd floor Funan btw, not 5th.

I actually bought my first dSLR (*ist DL) from Bally's on 2nd(?) floor of SLS.
They wasn't very happy that I die die don't want to buy anything else.
But ya. If you're desperate enough, actually can get from them lar.
But make sure you know exactly the market rate of the things they try to push onto you.
And don't be pressured into buying anything from them if you think you don't need.
Or if you think they are trying to rip you off.

I think you should almost never ever buy anything from almost any photo shop, which you don't know the market price of.

In my case, $1255 (actually $1252) is the same price as bhphoto assuming google USD conversion rate, adding shipping, and 7% GST. I didn't feel like waiting for a friend to come back, so I thought "what the heck" :)

AS mentioned above, the only stores we visit are:
CAthay Photo (PP & Marina)
T K Foto (Shaw Centre)
MS Color (AMK)
Orient Photo(SLS)
Alan Photo (SLS & Funan)

Song Brothers is another one to avod.
Agree on avoiding Song Brothers in Funan. I bought a Pentax K-m from there and the salesman sent me to the other side of the store before showing me the box with the 2 kit lens. After using the camera for 2 days, I noticed the filename of the 1st shot the camera took was at 744! I went back to the store asked them why the file naming started at 744 and told them that the camera was most likely "used" already. Saleperson said they couldn't replace at first but eventually said we had to go back 2 days later because they had no other stock. When I went back (for the third time now), they only replaced the body. I accepted this being wary of stories about salespeople going wild and violent. I am happy with the lenses but am wondering since the body was already used, the lenses may have been as well. Just wanted to warn those who plan to buy from the store.

Agree on avoiding Song Brothers in Funan. I bought a Pentax K-m from there and the salesman sent me to the other side of the store before showing me the box with the 2 kit lens. After using the camera for 2 days, I noticed the filename of the 1st shot the camera took was at 744! I went back to the store asked them why the file naming started at 744 and told them that the camera was most likely "used" already. Saleperson said they couldn't replace at first but eventually said we had to go back 2 days later because they had no other stock. When I went back (for the third time now), they only replaced the body. I accepted this being wary of stories about salespeople going wild and violent. I am happy with the lenses but am wondering since the body was already used, the lenses may have been as well. Just wanted to warn those who plan to buy from the store.

I think the trick is to avoid Song Brothers anywhere.
Not just Funan. They have quite a reputation as a 'tourist shop'.

Status
Not open for further replies.