Which shops stock Pentax cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Seniors
I am also interested in the K200/D model cause of the AA batteries. But I read though some reviews and it mentioned that rechargeable batteries is not compatible. Is it true? Any K200/D user here can confirm this?

Any idea wat is the price of the K200/D now with a kit lens. As seem from the forum, the camera shop will “chop” you if you are not well verse with the pricing. Or should I wait for MJ to release the price? Seems like there is no further news from MJ for quite some time?

This is my first time looking for DSLR in Singapore. Previously owned a istDS brought from Jap and just sold to a nice guy as I wanted to upgrade my set. My friend just got “n” camera but I still prefer Pentax after using 1.

Thanks
:)

If you do not want your head chopped, then go to those shops that we have been mentioning. DO NOT act smart and go to ther shops and come back here and "complain". We we only say "We Told You So".

Dear Seniors
I am also interested in the K200/D model cause of the AA batteries. But I read though some reviews and it mentioned that rechargeable batteries is not compatible. Is it true? Any K200/D user here can confirm this?

Any idea wat is the price of the K200/D now with a kit lens. As seem from the forum, the camera shop will “chop” you if you are not well verse with the pricing. Or should I wait for MJ to release the price? Seems like there is no further news from MJ for quite some time?

This is my first time looking for DSLR in Singapore. Previously owned a istDS brought from Jap and just sold to a nice guy as I wanted to upgrade my set. My friend just got “n” camera but I still prefer Pentax after using 1.

Thanks

K200d user here :D
I was also attracted by the ability to use AA bats :bsmilie:
I personally use rechargebles ( eneloops and varta 15 mins ) and they work fine. I'm not sure about the rest though. Oh yeah, as a side note, If you get the k200d and are going out shooting, have at least 2 sets of batteries and 1 extra back up set. The batteries can drain up quite quickly especially if you use the pop up flash.

K200d user here :D
I was also attracted by the ability to use AA bats :bsmilie:
I personally use rechargebles ( eneloops and varta 15 mins ) and they work fine. I'm not sure about the rest though. Oh yeah, as a side note, If you get the k200d and are going out shooting, have at least 2 sets of batteries and 1 extra back up set. The batteries can drain up quite quickly especially if you use the pop up flash.

Hi Grey Knight
Thanks for the advice. I actually don't like to use the flash much. Like to get the natural color.

How much you brought the set and where did you get it from?

Hi Grey Knight
Thanks for the advice. I actually don't like to use the flash much. Like to get the natural color.

How much you brought the set and where did you get it from?

the set I got was the old deal from best.
for $1100 if i remember correctly, I got :

K200d body
DA 11-55 II
FA 75-300
a tripod ( with bag)
rechargeble batteries and charger ( varta 15mins)
a cleaning kit
screen protector
1 UV filter for my 18-55 ( they only had one filter at that time )
2 8GB and 1 4GB toshiba SDHC card

thats what I can remember.

the set I got was the old deal from best.
for $1100 if i remember correctly, I got :

K200d body
DA 11-55 II
FA 75-300
a tripod ( with bag)
rechargeble batteries and charger ( varta 15mins)
a cleaning kit
screen protector
1 UV filter for my 18-55 ( they only had one filter at that time )
2 8GB and 1 4GB toshiba SDHC card

thats what I can remember.

Hi Grey Knight
thank you :)

If you like AA batteries, why not consider the Pentax K-m? It may not have weather sealing but personally I think it is slightly better than the K200D.
Available in JB... but you don't have to swim across like... eh... :bigeyes:

The one thing about AA batteries is that it only takes one to go bad to affect the performance of the rest. Encountered such a problem with one set of my Eneloops. Using a camera with a proprietory battery like the K20D is much better. ;)
More reliable, battery performance is quite a lot better, faster charging and actually cheaper if you talk to fengwei. :thumbsup:

If you die, die want a K200D, Mohd. Mustafa may have 2 copies the last time I went there... open 24 hours.

Last edited:
Batteries not an issue for my K200D. I was using the original lithiums that came with the camera and briefly used energizers without any problems before switching to Eneloops and Recyklos. All no problem too.

If you like AA batteries, why not consider the Pentax K-m? It may not have weather sealing but personally I think it is slightly better than the K200D.
Available in JB... but you don't have to swim across like... eh... :bigeyes:

The one thing about AA batteries is that it only takes one to go bad to affect the performance of the rest. Encountered such a problem with one set of my Eneloops. Using a camera with a proprietory battery like the K20D is much better. ;)
More reliable, battery performance is quite a lot better, faster charging and actually cheaper if you talk to fengwei. :thumbsup:

If you die, die want a K200D, Mohd. Mustafa may have 2 copies the last time I went there... open 24 hours.

li-ion > nimh aa.. unless you do a lot of shooting in super rural places for months on end with stacks of sd cards, i think li-ion batteries offer much better performance and convenience, especially for high-power devices like cameras.

maybe the k-m & k200d aa battery consumption and performance are good, but the k100d was super battery hungry and temperamental with nimhs.

So far as i just started using Pentax system,OP give me the best support for it.
not just becos of making $$$ the 2 chinese frens are very frenly & kind enough to let
me try out quite a no. of pentax lenses including a sliver colour 43mm limited & sigma
pentax mount lenses too,they ever got me a Metz 48 Af1 in 3 days time.

Picture below was taken yesterday afternoon.K200D is there if u are still looking for it.

IMGP7053-1.jpg

So far as i just started using Pentax system,OP give me the best support for it.
not just becos of making $$$ the 2 chinese frens are very frenly & kind enough to let
me try out quite a no. of pentax lenses including a sliver colour 43mm limited & sigma
pentax mount lenses too,they ever got me a Metz 48 Af1 in 3 days time.

Picture below was taken yesterday afternoon.K200D is there if u are still looking for it.

IMGP7053-1.jpg

Thanks nik34
Went there this pm and was quoted 680 for body only and it is a grey and last set. Never take it. Mustafa also no stock liao.

Had actually emailed MJ inquiring about the stocks but no reply from them. Sort of going to give up Pentax:cry:

My friend kept laughing and told me to switch to "N". A bit soften liao.
Thanks anyway :)

Thanks nik34
Went there this pm and was quoted 680 for body only and it is a grey and last set. Never take it. Mustafa also no stock liao.

Had actually emailed MJ inquiring about the stocks but no reply from them. Sort of going to give up Pentax:cry:

N & C proces have also gone up. Stocks will come in as the new distributor is trying hard to get stocks as fast as they can to the shops.

Hang in there. or get a Samsung GX-20 ;p, same as the Pentax K20D. Same sensor, same K-mount same kit lens, same everything only called "SAMSUNG" hehe . . .

Thanks nik34

Which body are you looking at? Why not stick with your current istD and then upgrade to K-7 when it comes... if your pictures in the pix share thread is anything to go by, the istD is serving you very very well!

By then, I believe Emjay would have everything worked out, and you'll be our 1st K-7 user!!! :devil:

Hi felixcat8888 and hjbyeo
thanks for your advice. Think I will have to give MJ sometime till end May. I had sold off my istDS and actually looking for K200D. Never come in mind that it is so difficult to scout for it locally. Finger also itchy liao....

I had view though the forum and seems like pentaxians are close and there is a kind of bonding among them. Which is also one of the reason to make me stay with this brand. ;)

While I was hunting for the K200D over the listing of retailers MJ provided and got all the negative replies, my fren was laughing all the way and feel a bit "pai say" also :confused:.

So for the mean time, I think I just appreciate the pictures from our fellow pentaxians here. Enjoy shooting and post more pictures!!! ;)

Last edited:
Hi felixcat8888 and hjbyeo
thanks for your advice. Think I will have to give MJ sometime till end May. I had sold off my istDS and actually looking for K200D. Never come in mind that it is so difficult to scout for it locally. Finger also itchy liao....

I had view though the forum and seems like pentaxians are close and there is a kind of bonding among them. Which is also one of the reason to make me stay with this brand. ;)

While I was hunting for the K200D over the listing of retailers MJ provided and got all the negative replies, my fren was laughing all the way and feel a bit "pai say" also :confused:.

So for the mean time, I think I just appreciate the pictures from our fellow pentaxians here. Enjoy shooting and post more pictures!!! ;)

Think come May21, you will start seeing K20D in the BnS :D
So no worries.

Why don't you just buy overseas?

FWIW i bought a pentax lens from Bally Photo recently and the experience was alright (out of stock at all the usual suspects).

FWIW i bought a pentax lens from Bally Photo recently and the experience was alright (out of stock at all the usual suspects).

Interesting.. what lens was it and for how much?

Think come May21, you will start seeing K20D in the BnS :D
So no worries.

Why don't you just buy overseas?

You sure? I'm not so sure most of us K20D owners will dump our bodies, I know I won't.
My gut feeling is the new camera will cost quite a bit more than what most people will expect. And besides, the K20D has proven very good in terms of image quality. The new camera may have added features and improvements but it does not come across as the new flagship camera, just another model like a product extension.

Fenzi, the K200D is already discontinued in the Japanese market and probably at the end of its model life, one of the reasons why you may find it hard to track down one locally. If you want one, either get it overseas or online while it is still available for sale and stocks are still available. As an alternative, the K-m may be as good or even better camera. My suggestion is to stretch the budget a little and just get the K20D, the price has come down quite a bit and that CMOS sensor is just hard to beat.

You sure? I'm not so sure most of us K20D owners will dump our bodies, I know I won't.
My gut feeling is the new camera will cost quite a bit more than what most people will expect. And besides, the K20D has proven very good in terms of image quality. The new camera may have added features and improvements but it does not come across as the new flagship camera, just another model like a product extension.

Fenzi, the K200D is already discontinued in the Japanese market and probably at the end of its model life, one of the reasons why you may find it hard to track down one locally. If you want one, either get it overseas or online while it is still available for sale and stocks are still available. As an alternative, the K-m may be as good or even better camera. My suggestion is to stretch the budget a little and just get the K20D, the price has come down quite a bit and that CMOS sensor is just hard to beat.

Agree with most of your points. Unless its really ground breaking from now, logically there is little incentive to change. I've not even scratched the surface of my K100D and its soon going to be 3-4 models old. But, BBB virus very strong one! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.