Which shop offers a better price and good customer service?

Which shop offers a better price and good customer service?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hi all,

i'll be visiting to SG next monday and i'll be flying in . i've check thru the price guide for the canon 70-200mm F4L USM and it is seem cheaper after conversion to M'sia ringgit at around 2.4k but it is not the latest update but appreciate if you guys can advice me which shop in Sg is giving the cheapest price and what is the lastest price with or without gst to get this lens?

Hi all,

i'll be visiting to SG next monday and i'll be flying in . i've check thru the price guide for the canon 70-200mm F4L USM and it is seem cheaper after conversion to M'sia ringgit at around 2.4k but it is not the latest update but appreciate if you guys can advice me which shop in Sg is giving the cheapest price and what is the lastest price with or without gst to get this lens?

suggest you visit that shop SLR Revolution that is opposite John 3:16 in Funan.

John 3:16 is best service liao!

They let anyone test any new lens and new cams.

But but but it also means you are not buying "brand new" items liao.;p

Good customer service is subjective...
Better price is relative...

Good customer service:
Is it attentiveness of the salesperson?
Friendliness and warmth?
Speedy and prompt service?
Good product knowledge and advice?
Going the extra mile?

Better price:
Cheaper substantially from MSRP or few dollars comparing store to store
Package price/ freebies or on individual item?

At the end of the day it is not the shop... the individual salesperson makes the most difference. Sometimes you can get only one or the other: good service or good price.

I once visited a store at the 3rd level corner of Funan centre with very gd service but they overcharged me by $45 for tripod - $95 vs $50 at Challenger!

My personal recommendations are CP - Kelvin and SLRR - Jason and Sam from J3:16.
Remember you are the customer, you deserve what you think is best for you.

I've never come across any camera shop which possess both qualities as stated in thread.

But I can say that the better/lower price does complement good customer service vice versa.

I used to get my stuff from Kelvin at CP but was kinda put off recently about a product

enquiry. I then emailed the usual camera shops, ( If i'm not mistaken, 5 of them) but only

Florence from MS and Ray from SLR Revolution replied. In the end, got the product from SLR

after 2weeks at a favorable price too. On my personal experience, Would definitely

recommend SLR Revolution :thumbsup: and CP. (Benefit of the doubt to CP, could be a 1 off thing)

My experience: Jn3:16 - polite and knowledgeable. May not have the best price always but would not be ripped off. I would recommended my friends who are newbies and have thousand and one questions to go there, telling them to buy with confidence from that shop. Personally I would go to AP at SLS for bigger items, cos I am looking for the cheapest price & service is secondary to me. I just tell the salesman (the chubby guy) what I want and re-confirm the price (I probably would called several shops earlier). Nonetheless his service is good but be prepared to wait cos the shop can be quite busy at times and I only deal with this guy.

Recently, I was recommended to Danny from Edison Electronic at SLS. He is polite and patient (not sure if this was because I mentioned that I was introduced by my friend who is his regular customer). His price is very competitive for the 2 items I was asking.

good customer service sometimes dun give good price leh :D
some ah beng shop no service but price sibei good :)

I've heard about a CSC but I am unable to find any information.
Could any kind soul enlighten me on this?

John 3:16 has the best customer service, and never fails to have the lowest prices around town. makes u feel good buying from them!

I've heard about a CSC but I am unable to find any information.
Could any kind soul enlighten me on this?

CSC is Canon Service Centre.To elaborate more,its a service centre for Canon cameras/printers bla bla bla.So when you find problems with your Canon camera or printer,then you have to visit them:)

P.S Go to Canon's website and you'll find more info about Canon service centre.

I will recommend SLR-Revo! :D The Best Price in town! and Ray is also cool! Only prob with SLR-Revo usually on weekends is.... "no stock"..but these are like the filters and other small accessories...

My vote goes to MS Color. Been there this afternoon and met up with Florence. She's very accommodating and even provide suggestions for future upgrades. their prices are competitive too.

T K Foto has moved to :

109 North Bridge Road #02-14 Funan Digitalife Mall
Singapore, Singapore, 179097

And now they are open on Sundays too.

T%20K%20Foto.jpg

Dear folks,
I plan to buy a new lens at either MS Color or CP as recommended in this topic but have a concern on how to know if the len is really brand new or has been tested on the road by many customers.
Thanks in advance.

Dear folks,
I plan to buy a new lens at either MS Color or CP as recommended in this topic but have a concern on how to know if the len is really brand new or has been tested on the road by many customers.
Thanks in advance.

Sometimes you get to know, sometimes not. Anyway, if the lens / item is in funtion, don't think any difference. :) By right they should have display sets, but don't think they can afford so many display set. Normally they will let regular, even new customers to test the item with their attendance, meaning, the item tested won't have any defect after testing, even the cosmetic of the item.

wow great. now funan have AP, John, SLR, Tkphoto, Bally LOL. Some much competition = lower prices?