Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zephyr

resize1.jpg

Image A

resize2.jpg

image B

Pls ignore the DOF etc... your valuable opinion on which one is sharper... Many thanks!

If I'm suppose to ignore DOF, then I need to know where you focused for each pic, and whether the focus point is the same before I can tell u more accurately which is sharper...

By basing on the area of the mouth, as other members did, they are falling into the trap of using DOF differences to judge sharpness (not accurate.)

To be even more picky, there are also many more factors you need to make known. Like what's the focal length used? same for both pic? Did you resize or crop the pics, digital manipulation? Resolution of original? etc etc etc.

the pix are crop out from original and resize to about 50%. that's about all.. Both pix are taken with a sigma 105mm lense, one with TC, one without. Actually i wanna find out whether TC cause image to be softer. The focus point is the eye area.

according to zephyr focusing point, I would still say Image A.

I compare the green lining around the eye using a 21" monitor.
(maybe I'm wrong, better is not to resize when u want compare sharpness of digi pix. Instead, crop certain area to compare)

Originally posted by St[A]LkEr
according to zephyr focusing point, I would still say Image A.

I compare the green lining around the eye using a 21" monitor.
(maybe I'm wrong, better is not to resize when u want compare sharpness of digi pix. Instead, crop certain area to compare)

if i were juz to crop it out, it will be big.. mabbe i shld post a link to the un resize pix 2nite...

duh.jpg

If I were to do something like this: This is how it should be done.
Going with the above, I MIGHT say pic 2.

However, in my limited knowledge, for a comparison to be really fair, you need to control all the elements.

For example, when using the TC, you must increase camera to subject distance to maintain same coverage (not the most elequent description...but the idea is that the subject should fill the same amount of space in frame with and without TC)., then lighting must be same. aperture used the same. (shutter speed same?), as economics go...ceteris parabus....

Now I'm just waiting for some pro to prove me wrong and tell me that I'm an idiot spouting nonsense that I don't know at all
:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.