Which mode do u normally use to take pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonuts

Sep 1, 2006
Just wish to hear from some photographers of their preffered mode use to shoot. And Why.
Thanks.
;p

Photonuts said:
Just wish to hear from some photographers of their preffered mode use to shoot. And Why.
Thanks.
;p

Manual. Cos I have FULL control.

Aperture priority sometimes slows down my shutter so much that it blurs the shot when I'm taking fast moving objects. This happens when I meter on the darker parts of the object, and all the light gets absorbed, and the sensor thinks there's not enough light, thus pushing the shutter speed down.

Shutter priority sometimes changes my aperture, affecting my DOF.

Therefore, if I can help it, Manual!:thumbsup:

I like M cos I like to be in control!

Av when I'm lazy, esp during multi change of lights like concert

Haven't really found a use for the rest

For me;

Aperture is like my 'programme' mode because i shoot at wide aperture most of the time. But when the situation calls for a change in aperture, its there.

Manual mode is 2nd for a variety of stuff like the use of flash, macro, panning and night scenery etc.

I tend to shoot Av with exposure compensation if needed. I switch to manual only if i am sure my subjects will keep still long enough for me or when i am using the flash.

As with Raptor I also use Av mode almost exclusively with a bit of help from Exposure Compensation. Yes, there is a risk that you'll have the camera set to a small aperture which will result in a blurred picture when the photo is taken in poor light. But it helps to use a little human touch to estimate what the conditions are like, and start opening up the aperture as soon as the light goes bad. And this happens even before I put my eye to the viewfinder.

On the odd occasions that I use Manual mode, it'll be for static night shots and maybe the rare Bulb shots. I'm just slow and prefer the speed at which Av mode works...getting the shot is what matters most.

Cheesecake said:
P Mode all the time becos it is PLOFESIONAL Mode.
dun haf to think, jus whack! :thumbsup:

:bsmilie: Well, even if it is not plofessional it with plobably get you a shot even when the action is very sudden and there is no time for preparation.

We shouldn't get hung up about what mode to use and what mode others use the most. Manual mode will allow you to learn about exposure in the most efficient way. But ultimately getting the shot is all that counts. Spend more time composing the shot and getting it right, rather than change lenses and flick around with dials for the exposure.

M mode = when I have the time and want to be creative.

A mode = usually, in potraiture and I want to play with the you know what... DOF.

S mode = when I am pushed into a dark corner and I need to ensure a relatively sharp image.

P mode = sometimes when I'm in a hurry (esp. with flash) and I need a picture than turns out presentable.

Av and M mode only. yup.

Av mode especially for low lighting events and need to the widest possible to get decent shutter speed.

M mode- Usually in a controlled lighting environment (studio)
A mode- Nearly all of the time with exposure compensation
S mode- Usually for motor racing on a well lit day to get the exact shutter speed I want
P mode- I dont think ive used it yet
Auto mode- When the family want to use the camera!

Auto...

no need to think....

Thanks alot for all your reply...hope to hear more members on their mode selection to give a wider view.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

Either M or P.

When it looks like P cannot make it, I'll use M :)
When I've got time, I'll use M.
Why? I like to play

M mode - when I want full control and the lighting is difficult to guage. I will spot meter for this mode.

A mode - most of the time when I am going for a controlled DOF for the shots. Shutter speed is guaged and I generally try to achieve 1/30 and faster by changing the ISO speed when necessary.

S mode - when I need to freeze action and control the picture in terms of a fast or slow shutter speed (rarely used)

P mode - only when I am super lazy and dun feel like thinking anymore... (used less than 0.1% of the time)

In the end, it's all up to the individual and how it helps you to shoot better....

For me, when my camera is off, it's always on P mode. In case I have something passing by fast and I want to shoot it quick.

M: When I have time to compose and adjust the aperture and shutter speed.

A & S: Not really used

Auto: When people who know nothing or little about photography wants to take a photo. ;p

Built in modes: Normally I'll use it for landscapes and portrait, when I want the perfect colours for snapshots.

Mostly A mode. Sometimes S or M. But never use P Mode before.:)

Usually Av unless shooting indoor events, low lighting, night scenes, fireworks and macro, i'll use M.

Status
Not open for further replies.