Which lens to get for newbie?

iamodd said:
Say, I was thinking about purchasing some stuffs from them. Are they much more expensive? Cause I thought the prices were quite decent but do correct me if I am wrong.

Example, the Sigma 30mm f1.4 is selling on DigitalRev for about +/- SGD 550.00 (USD 450.42) whereas on CS marketplace, users are selling between SGD 420.00 - SGD 480.00.

Do factor in shipping. And handling charges, plus 7% GST when it arrives in SG

Shipping is free for Singapore. Plus the handling fee / admin fee and what not is all factored in. What you pay on the website is final it seems.

For most overseas delivery addresses, we apply an Import Handling surcharge for handling the importation of the order into your country of delivery. As importing products from overseas can be a hassle for most of our international customers, we choose to handle this process on your behalf by adding a surcharge to your order total. The purpose of this charge is to simplify the process of buying internationally and make budgeting easier for your purchases.

Once you have paid the Import Handling Fee, we will handle all the following costs should they occur during customs clearance:
Any Import Tax and/or Duty in your country
Any courier's Free Domicile handling charge (Duties and Tax Forwarding Surcharge)
Any Local Customs clearance fee

The fee also covers our administrative costs. The final total is all you have to pay to have the order delivered to your door without delay. Please note that you are the importer of the order, and it is your responsibility to check with your local Customs regarding matters of import restrictions/prohibited goods.

Plus, when I am about to check out they mentioned this;

No Import Tax/Duty to Pay:
Any import tax/duty charged will
be billed directly us.

This is for the Sigma 30mm f1.4 EX DC HSM going for USD 450.42 (eq to SGD 551.27 @ 1.2239)

Last edited:
iamodd said:
Say, I was thinking about purchasing some stuffs from them. Are they much more expensive? Cause I thought the prices were quite decent but do correct me if I am wrong.

Example, the Sigma 30mm f1.4 is selling on DigitalRev for about +/- SGD 550.00 (USD 450.42) whereas on CS marketplace, users are selling between SGD 420.00 - SGD 480.00.

U should not use marketplace prices as a comparison, u should find out the brand new priced from shops in sg. A better comparison will be using prices of comparable grey sets (ie without local warranty) in sg. Marketplace asking prices are known to be unrealistic sometimes as sellers may not be aware of current market price or may want to minimize their equipment deprecation.

Personally I think sgd550 can possibly get a comparable grey set in sg, check out the shops for a quote.

Condition of item you are buying also has to take into consideration.