Which Kodak gives color profile


Status
Not open for further replies.

Camm

New Member
Sep 4, 2002
305
0
0
Visit site
#1
Hi,

I would like to edit photos at my home pc, but am afraid that it may look different as what's shown on my monitor. I've read thru some of the threads and understand that we can install color profile and install it into our own pc. Would like to know which kodak shop that you guys have obtained the color profile?? 've checked out a few shop, all say they don't give away to customers.
 

Sanver

New Member
Oct 26, 2003
46
0
0
Singapore
#4
Camm said:
Hi,

I would like to edit photos at my home pc, but am afraid that it may look different as what's shown on my monitor. I've read thru some of the threads and understand that we can install color profile and install it into our own pc. Would like to know which kodak shop that you guys have obtained the color profile?? 've checked out a few shop, all say they don't give away to customers.
I guess your objective is to get prints from labs which looks same as your monitor. To achieve this, here are the steps

1. Calibrate your monitor using Eye One or Spyder or similar. This is one of the most important requirement for a digital Workfolw.
2. Select a Working Color Space to edit your images. Adobe RGB or sRGB is a good choice.
3. Get a Printer ICC Profile from the lab where you intend to print the images. Color Lab's Printer ICC profile are specific to that Lab. You cant use one Labs Printer ICC profile and Print your images at another lab.
4. Softproof your edited Images using Pritner ICC Profile. Make any corrections if necessary. Save Changes in the file. Do not embedd any Profiles in the image since most of Kodak or Fuji Labs printers do not see any ICC profiles embedded in the images.
5. Ask lab to print your images without any corrections (Second important Step).

Hope this helps

sanver
 

#5
Sanver said:
I guess your objective is to get prints from labs which looks same as your monitor. To achieve this, here are the steps

1. Calibrate your monitor using Eye One or Spyder or similar. This is one of the most important requirement for a digital Workfolw.
2. Select a Working Color Space to edit your images. Adobe RGB or sRGB is a good choice.
3. Get a Printer ICC Profile from the lab where you intend to print the images. Color Lab's Printer ICC profile are specific to that Lab. You cant use one Labs Printer ICC profile and Print your images at another lab.
4. Softproof your edited Images using Pritner ICC Profile. Make any corrections if necessary. Save Changes in the file. Do not embedd any Profiles in the image since most of Kodak or Fuji Labs printers do not see any ICC profiles embedded in the images.
5. Ask lab to print your images without any corrections (Second important Step).

Hope this helps

sanver
talking about Eye One... does anyone have the software? I lost it when I shifted and had to format my HDD. The device still working, but I cannot find the calibration software anywhere.... anyone can help?
 

Camm

New Member
Sep 4, 2002
305
0
0
Visit site
#6
Hi all,

Thanks alot for your reply. However I notice from the link provided that besides the profile from Fuji and Kodak, we can download the profile for our own camera. What is this for? Should I use the profile by Kodak or the profile for my camera? :think:
 

uginz

New Member
Feb 4, 2004
356
0
0
#7
Camm said:
Hi all,

Thanks alot for your reply. However I notice from the link provided that besides the profile from Fuji and Kodak, we can download the profile for our own camera. What is this for? Should I use the profile by Kodak or the profile for my camera? :think:
if you read the " how to use profiles" faq on the site it should tell you.
if i'm correct, the mini lab icc profiles can be use to colour proof to their respective printers.
correct me if i'm wrong......
but that's my guess
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom