which is more difficult when operating a dslr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Places with cold and wet weather,

Places with sand and blistering heat,

Places with dust and windy weather,

Singapore (Can be any weather.)

For those who have worked in above conditions, which would you say was the more challenging.

Myself...Places with dust and windy weather,

Try the beach at 12 pm. The blistering heat radiating directly from the sun plus the heat reflecting up from the sand into your nether regions... put down your camera for 5 mins and shoot again, realize then your face just got burnt by the LCD screen and eyecup. :devil:

This is why i stopped shooting bikini.

Cold and wet weather, esp when its snowing heavily.

Since I cannot really press the buttons on my camera accurately with my gloves, i had to take them off. Imagine cold and numb fingers.. Not to mention the risks of snow flakes melting once you're done and back into a warmer environment

Light rain, i can still bear. But when its pouring, i feel scared for my camera.
Sand and heat, i can bear. Travel light, wear light coloured clothes & drink lots of water.
Dust and windy weather, i can still bear as i don't change lens too much.
Snow and extreme low temperature, i can't say as i have not shot in that conditions.
:)

Last edited:
Cold, wet, dusty, windy...

It's snowing real bad in the UK now, and while out shooting the other day, my hands were numb and pain after a mere 20mins. After I put on winter gloves, I could not press the buttons properly. Snow/dust coupled with winds makes it almost impossible to change lens outdoors as I risk getting snowflakes in my camera the moment I take out the lens.

For sun, sand and heat, just put on sunblock, shades and hydrate oneself properly, and it's shooting as normal. (and if possible, get a spouse or someone to hold an unbrella for you ;P)

try locust swarms around you. :)

jokes aside, i think sand is the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.