Which filter for my fz20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yufeng

Nov 23, 2005
Hi, i am preparing to buy a filter for my fz20, and have just narrow down my choice to a B+W skylight filter and hoya super HMC.

So pls give your suggestion on which filter you think is better.Have no budget,so price is not concern.

Also, may i know what is the difference between skylight and uv filters.

You mean the skylight filter?

yufeng said:
Hi, i am preparing to buy a filter for my fz20, and have just narrow down my choice to a B+W skylight filter and hoya super HMC.

So pls give your suggestion on which filter you think is better.Have no budget,so price is not concern.
Also, may i know what is the difference between skylight and uv filters.

wow... i like those words...

yufeng said:

Since price is not a concern, just go into Cathay Photo and demand: "What is the MOST EXPENSIVE & BEST B+W filter you have for my camera?" :bsmilie:

yufeng said:

For digital cameras, i dun see how skylight or not will greatly affect the shots.

Film users use skylight filters (different levels of skylight, different warmth etc) to add variations to the results, from warming to cooling.

But for digital users, all this can easily be adjusted by digital means, so you just basically need a good strong clear filter to take of the lens element.

B+W UV 010
Ultraviolet light, which manifests itself in photographs as reduced clarity and the appearance of haze, is blocked by the UV 010. Ultraviolet light is invisible to the eye and is strong in mountainous and coastal areas with very clear air. This makes the colorless UV 010 an indispensable filter because it requires no exposure compensation. It is recommended as an ideal filter to be kept permanently on the lens to protect the front element. Filter factor is 1.0.

So does it means that skylight filter does not protect the lens from uv ray?

Also, does skylight filter allow less light into the lens?

yufeng said:
So does it means that skylight filter does not protect the lens from uv ray?

So far, it looks like your not even bothered to do a Google search ah?

Do a bit of googling first can?

I am a super newbie at shooting, and I just do a search, and already so many answers there lor. ;(

Sorry, i will do a search...

Status
Not open for further replies.