Which external flash is better for C5060? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

Jun 1, 2003
Seng Kang Town
Visit site
As I do not wish to spent $600++ on the Olympus FL50 or FL20, can anyone recommend me a good flash that do TTL with C5060.

Thanks in advance.........

Matrix said:
As I do not wish to spent $600++ on the Olympus FL50 or FL20, can anyone recommend me a good flash that do TTL with C5060.

A FL20 is not that expensive, unless you talking about FL40.
Last check on Olympus FL-20(Flash) @ S$140.00 (coded by CP)

:)

Have just help a friend to shoot on his wedding using Metz 32 MZ-3 with SCA3202 adapter that provide full TTL function. Love the flash! Especially the low profile that it have compared to FL40/50 which is so high. Looks like a weird L shaped thingy sticking out of 5060. :p Brought this flash with adapter for a neat 280bucks brand new and i love it after using it for a full long day at my friend's wedding. Maybe you can try finding it second-hand. I brought the last available piece after scouting around few major photography stores where they say it's discontinued. Good luck on your search! ;) Happy shooting!

I have tried the FL20, but not as powerful when trying to light up object 5-7meter away at f8. :( Was it dun to setting of the flash or it is simply weak?

Will try to test Metz 32 MZ-3 with SCA3202 when I visit AP.

Thanks AlexLum & slacker for the input. appreciated. ;)

Matrix said:
I have tried the FL20, but not as powerful when trying to light up object 5-7meter away at f8. :( Was it dun to setting of the flash or it is simply weak?

Hope you can find it at AP :) think i brought the last piece. :p

slacker said:
Hope you can find it at AP :) think i brought the last piece. :p

Me no hurry as C5060 is only a temporary camera...heehee. I might even not an external flash for it...save money for ..................

Glade u got the last piece.

kelster said:
yo blarder....going back to Oly huh??...heh...sold your 10D liaoz??

Yup. Already sold everythings. Now using OLY for the time being.............chiam see tong seng.
Total Oly stuff bought are
1. C5060 (come with IR remote)
2. B-HLD20 battery grip
3. Olympus 40.5mm UV-filter(very exp! $60++ :sweat: )
4. Olympus 40.5mm Polarizer(very exp! $70++ :sweat: )
5. 2nd Olympus Battery(very exp! $100++ :sweat: )
Quite Happy on the output for $1600 spent. But cannot compare with DSLR lor....

Most likely I going back to DSLR lah, now waiting to see how Canon going to release their DSLR base on 1.6, , 1.3 or fullframe......if canon coming out DX lenses like Nikon does, I might buy back Canon DSLR base 1.6 as 1.3 and FR is too expensive to own.......................see how lah.......

Next week OLYMPUS is having a promotion at Sim lim sq on their E-1 DSLR. Heard that just tradein any 4Mpix Digital cam or working SLR and get the FL50(worth $630) for free.

Goodluck brother

Matrix said:

When I was there, AP only have 1 last piece. That was like a week ago

Matrix said:

Maybe you can try the Metz 44-MZ2? around $400+ with adapter

Well,

If you buy the E1 set, no need to bother about the FL 20...or Metz 32...

Got FL 50 if you trade in old SLR....That'll be good combo on your C5060 too !! :D :bsmilie:

NorthernLights said:
Well,

If you buy the E1 set, no need to bother about the FL 20...or Metz 32...

Got FL 50 if you trade in old SLR....That'll be good combo on your C5060 too !! :D :bsmilie:

Mai lah. Like that I will spent even more leh. 5060 is = "chiam See Tong"

I still prefer to wait n see what Fuji/Canon/Fuji is coming out with.
I miss those fast focus lock speed my 10D could do in low light with my 550EX. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.