Which digital compact will you buy?

Which digital compact will u buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shopping for my 17 year old daughter and had decided on the F11 based on reviews. Once I saw how heavy it was, I changed to the Ixus 55.

Got my Casio EX-S600 b4 X'mas

Nikon Coolpix S4 zoom is power!

none of those listed by you.

choice> Oly 7070

crucial > optical finder; can put filter on lens to protect front element from dust and dirt forever leave it on; 7.1 MP good enough ( for now); can use bty holder ( think got vertical release); got free swivel LCD (can fold back to protect against scratching); I never like to view the LCD to "confirm" the shot; got proper eyelet lugs for straps instead of el-cheapo stamped plate strap holders ( which shockingly you find on the ultra expensive Hasselblad Xpan - shucks!); size just right for a digi point and shoot( the Oly 800 is too big and pporly designed looks lopsided); dark grey/black finish; can use CF card and XD card; can use external TTL flash on hot shoe if you want; has built-in flash good enough for amateur purpose; has wide angle zoom lens 5.7 (27mm equivalent 35mm format) to 22.9mm (110mm equivalent 35mm format) F2.8 to 4.8 ED lens; has standard type USB cable connector (no need to buy over-priced expensive proprietary cable if you lost it); relatively small LCD (I like small LCD, no wastage of bty energy and camera is not needlessly bulky); can use a proper lens cap on the lens instead of moving shield.

not crucial >
does it have OIS ?
don't think so and don't give a damn about OIS for a 110mm focal length

camera reviews by dpreview, etc....
who cares? don't give a damn about it. Reviewers are paid to write and their opinions are skewed.

low light shooting ?
not sure if it can do it well. don't care. I do not shoot much in low light. Most photos in daylight or with flash.

add-on attachments?
it does have but I am not keen. makes camera look and feel unbalanced and handling suffers.

I just bought a LX1.. But don't have this choice, so I chose the closest one ,ie. fx9 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.