which camera to get for close-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

xllms

Jan 31, 2002
AngMoKio, Singapore
Visit site
hi guys,

i have laid off from my canon EOS50E for a long time and recently i need a camera to do some closed up shots to be sent for magazine publications in USA. As my EOS50E is no longer working perfectly, I would like to get a new camera to do this job.

I am considering a digital one so that I can view the outcome. Initially, I was thinking of getting the Canon EOS300D but I thought that getting a more compact and portable one will be better to use as a back up camera when I move around since I still prefer the quality from prints and slides. (I have to admit that sharing components between EOS300D & EOS50E is very tempting for me)

I am considering the Canon G5 & Sony DSC-V1. Are there any other mades of equivalent quality that I can consider?

Also I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand Canon G3 to try out first.

I hope I can get some advice from the experts here.

p/s: i used to take architectural pictures as a hobby

xllms

xllms said:
hi guys,

i have laid off from my canon EOS50E for a long time and recently i need a camera to do some closed up shots to be sent for magazine publications in USA. As my EOS50E is no longer working perfectly, I would like to get a new camera to do this job.

I am considering a digital one so that I can view the outcome. Initially, I was thinking of getting the Canon EOS300D but I thought that getting a more compact and portable one will be better to use as a back up camera when I move around since I still prefer the quality from prints and slides. (I have to admit that sharing components between EOS300D & EOS50E is very tempting for me)

I am considering the Canon G5 & Sony DSC-V1. Are there any other mades of equivalent quality that I can consider?

Also I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand Canon G3 to try out first.

I hope I can get some advice from the experts here.

p/s: i used to take architectural pictures as a hobby

xllms

Hi xllms,

You may want to check out Nikon CP5400. Good Marco and also wide 28mm lens
which should be useful for your hobby. I am very happy with mine.

Have fun.

Billy.

Billy said:
Hi xllms,

You may want to check out Nikon CP5400. Good Marco and also wide 28mm lens
which should be useful for your hobby. I am very happy with mine.

Have fun.

Billy.

thanks for your recommendations, btw, how much did u pay for it?

xllms

xllms said:
thanks for your recommendations, btw, how much did u pay for it?

xllms

Hi xllms,

I bought it from Selangor Photo in KL for RM2,400.00 about three months ago.
The price have dropped since. I was offered a unit at slightly below RM2,000.00 last week by MY CAMERA.COM, 03-60, 3rd Floor, Berjaya Times Square, K.L.
Maybe, it's their new shop opening special offer ..!!

Not sure about price for the unit in Singapore now. I think it was around S$1,1xx. last time.

Regards.

Billy.

Status
Not open for further replies.