Which camera is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If portability is important to you, then 601Z might be a good choice. 'coz the pics it produces are pretty good too.

orchid.jpg

Do u need the 5 mp? The 5050's gonna be more ex than the 4mp tho. But i guess it all boils down to ur needs. If u are only experimenting with the idea, i suppose a Canon A40 wld be sufficient.;)

Its not the camera that counts. Its the person behind the camera that matters.;)

Originally posted by Rolz Ink
Its not the camera that counts. Its the person behind the camera that matters.;)

Actually, IMHO, the camera is almost just as important.
e.g. if your camera has a max shutter of 1s, will you be able to get a good night shot?
if your camera has only digital zoom, will you be able to shoot close up shots of enclosed animals at the zoo?

Thus, to rephrase: The camera counts. But the person behind the camera matters just as much.

hmm im thinking of getting a good day shot n night shot as well.

im taking photography as part of my hobby too. :D

but not now im tied wif projects.

Originally posted by imaginary_number
If portability is important to you, then 601Z might be a good choice. 'coz the pics it produces are pretty good too.

orchid.jpg

hmm the subject seems to be too focus n look fake. did u do any editing? jus my IMO, im not flaming.

Dunno abt the new Oly cameras. Ask yrself the Q, do u need a camera right now, or can u wait? Is the present camera that u r eyeing, "good enough" to meet your current and near future needs?

Someone had a wise quote, u can't take today's pictures with tomorrow's camera.

Think abt it.:devil:

wait for c-5050, then when the c-5050 arrived, there might be a
c-????....;)

Originally posted by mystic

hmm the subject seems to be too focus n look fake. did u do any editing? jus my IMO, im not flaming.

Nope, no editing was done, just resized. Actually, that was how those orchids looked like. You can make a trip to JBP to convince yourself if you need to ;)

Here's another shot:
flamingo.jpg

Anyway, I'm no longer using the 601Z; just sharing the pics to help you judge for yourself. ;)

Originally posted by imaginary_number
Here's another shot:
flamingo.jpg

Have u noticed something wrong?:) The dark water opens your aperture, so the birds were overexposed. Try to test with -1/2~-1 stop...:light:

Regards,
Tom

Originally posted by mystic

there's a hint of oversharpening which makes the subject looks like it's "pasted".

Originally posted by Ahbengphotographer
wait for c-5050, then when the c-5050 arrived, there might be a
c-????....;)

no u r wrong man. I thinking of waiting of C5050 cos its is a big improvement over the camera. eg. XD picture.

like palm. Im now using Palm Vx. I did not intend to change over to M series. cos Im waiting for palm OS 5 and arm processor which i think its more worth it to buy.

Points worth considering:

1. Not sure abt the C5050 tech specs, but I assume it will be a 5MP cam? Worth the wait if u r not really in need of a camera now or if u already have something 2 MP cam to use.

2. I believe that the new Oly cams will come with slots for both Smart Media and xD card something the current C4000 models do not? Must remember, the xD memory card is set to replace the smart media format for Fuji and Oly.

3. What is the current MP cam u have now? If u have at least 2, then upgrade to 5 MP better, for personal opinion. But if u do not need to print pics at A3 size, then no real need for it.

Looks like I have been conned big time.
Bought my C4000 zoom at the olympus fair at Takashimaya and paid the full $999 price for it as in the newspaper advertisment. Got all the so called freebies but it seems that Cathay Photo is also offering them at only S$825.
The only consolation is I used my credit card interest free instalment plan and paying for the thing over a 12 monhs period.
How can there be such a great price difference ?

hmm.. well anyway i hav a lot of prj to do. no time at the moment.

maybe by the time i finish my prj, C5050 out liao....

Try to avoid buying cameras from large departmental stores. The prices there are usually the full Recommended Retail Price. The freebies that come with it is likely to be by Olympus and not Taka.

Very often, the agent gives freebies to cameras that they feel ought to sell better, hence, every retailer selling it wld have those freebies, unless it is an in-store promotion by a specific retailer. To check, pse call the agent itself or check their website for info.

As for price difference, go with professional camera shops that sells cameras, their prices are usually better over dept stores, as they buy items in bulk, so a lower price is possible. But, these camera stores are unlikely to give u an interest free instalment via cc unless the cc coy has a tie up with them, say Cathay Photo. Does anyone knows if any cc coy has tie ups with Cathay for instalment free payment?

I hope u have learned some valuable lessons from this. Gather more intelligence before u go buy yr cam the next time. gd luck.:devil:

Originally posted by jeff chen
Try to avoid buying cameras from large departmental stores. The prices there are usually the full Recommended Retail Price. The freebies that come with it is likely to be by Olympus and not Taka.

Very often, the agent gives freebies to cameras that they feel ought to sell better, hence, every retailer selling it wld have those freebies, unless it is an in-store promotion by a specific retailer. To check, pse call the agent itself or check their website for info.

As for price difference, go with professional camera shops that sells cameras, their prices are usually better over dept stores, as they buy items in bulk, so a lower price is possible. But, these camera stores are unlikely to give u an interest free instalment via cc unless the cc coy has a tie up with them, say Cathay Photo. Does anyone knows if any cc coy has tie ups with Cathay for instalment free payment?

I hope u have learned some valuable lessons from this. Gather more intelligence before u go buy yr cam the next time. gd luck.:devil:
yes i totally agree, but i think that's the only reason people will go to large departmental stores right? :p like me, go for instalment... ;)

Agree, but paying by instalment means u may have to pay more unless it is interest free?

For me, always pay cash and ask for lowest price possible, if not buy a cheaper cam!

Choice is yrs to make.:devil:

hmm.. well anyway i hav a lot of prj to do. no time at the moment.

Buy what you think you would use -now- .. especially for digital products, gets cheaper and better each day. Unless what you're getting is a limited edition collector's item.

No harm waiting till you finish your projects. You'd thank me for reminding you :D

ke palm. Im now using Palm Vx. I did not intend to change over to M series. cos Im waiting for palm OS 5 and arm processor which i think its more worth it to buy.
I'm still relying on my good old c3 for my schedules,.. too. No need for colours and mp3 -yet- ..
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.