Which Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivlaOof

May 5, 2007
little.RED.dot
hi Guys... i juz bought a SB800 .. and i will need help on which brand of batteries shld i use..
i did a search and found out that most members here prefer enelope & powerex 2700...

i am new to these therefore here are my qns...

1) powerex have a capacity of 2700, so wat is the capacity of enelope?
2) wat is the price for both powerex 2700 and enelope? wat is the price of the charger?
3) will these batteries (powerex and enelope) last me for 1 whole day of shooting? roughly how many photos can i shoot?
4) lastly where can i buy the recommened batteries from???

My apologies for all these qns hope u guys could advise....

1) powerex have a capacity of 2700, so wat is the capacity of enelope?
Ans: Enelope has a capacity of 2100mah

2) wat is the price for both powerex 2700 and enelope? wat is the price of the charger?
Ans: Powerex, www.eastgear.com.

3) will these batteries (powerex and enelope) last me for 1 whole day of shooting? roughly how many photos can i shoot?
Ans: Depends on your flash usage, Powerex should last longer due to higher capacity

4) lastly where can i buy the recommened batteries from???
Ans: Powerex-www.eastgear.com, Enelope-major electronics shops.

although both are rechargeables, i think you maybe missing the USP of each:
one is hi powered, kinda like made for high drain usage (powerex) while the other is you charge and forget, but when you need to use, it will retain most of its charge. also, you can use it immediately upon purchase. powerex still need to go thru initial charge for optimum output.

eneloop flash recycling tend to be longer as compared to powerex. test was done by someone else, so i m just quoting.
ideally would be to use 2 sets of powerex for regular usage but keep a 4pack eneloop for standby.

...eneloop flash recycling tend to be longer as compared to powerex....

Yeap i agree with codling on that point. Have tested the eneloop batteries against the sanyo 2700. Cycling time for the eneloops are longer but not very significant. There are various manufacturers who offers batteries with 2700mAh capacity, you can source around.

I currently use powerex myself. It recycles fast enough not to cause me problems during fast shoots.

:thumbsup:

1) powerex have a capacity of 2700, so wat is the capacity of enelope? AA size - 2000 mAh, AAA size - 800 mAh.

2) wat is the price for enelope? See: wat is the price of the charger? See: http://www.onlineshop.com.sg/index....43cfbdc62af5ac6654f2f0164056d&keyword=eneloop
4) lastly where can i buy the recommened batteries from??? PowerEx: www.eastgear.com. Eneloop: http://www.onlineshop.com.sg/

My apologies for all these qns hope u guys could advise....

Hope it helps.

i went to EG recently and bought 4x eneloop ($10 x2)and 4x powerex ($20x1). so both selling at the same price. the only difference is that powerex package comes with the battery case. which is also sold separately at 3 for $1 or 2 for $1 (for the longer 8pc case).

I'm using Eneloops for my SB-800. So far, it has been performing at par with the demands of some of my fast wedding shoots. :) You should try them! It lasts for the entire wedding and even exceeds it.

just gotten myself powerex batt and charger..
Smart Pulse charger(MH-C401FS) come with 1 pack of 4 batt(2700mh) for $59
plus 1 more pack at discount price of $15 cos i buy the charger.so total $74.dont noe if it is ex.

i am using Sanyo 2700... but i am looking for a fast charger.... any to recommend ? as long as it doenst burn a pocket can already.

Status
Not open for further replies.