icarus

Jan 27, 2002
East
Any idea where to print custom car decals? :dunno: :think:

I want to print one and paste on my car :sweat:

icarus said:
Any idea where to print custom car decals? :dunno: :think:

I want to print one and paste on my car :sweat:

What kind of custom car decal? You talking original decals from car and parts makers? Should find them at those car accessory shops that dose custom work on your car. But if you are talking about specially done ones just to fit your car body..etc then are you providing the design and artwork? If you do, there are some shops at Bras Basah Complex that can take your artwork to make the decal for you.

If there are a few colours then you might need to make multi-layer and paste them together to form your decal design. If it is a picture then you might need to get it printed on special weather proof stickers and have it cut to shape.

Unless you are familiar with designing with design program like illustrator, photoshop..etc you might need a friend to prapare the artwork for you. There is also the issue of copyright too but I am not sure how far some of the brand owners will enforce it. But if you are making your own flame design, text or personal graphic design for example to paste on your car then I think that is fine.

sammy888 said:
What kind of custom car decal? You talking original decals from car and parts makers? Should find them at those car accessory shops that dose custom work on your car. But if you are talking about specially done ones just to fit your car body..etc then are you providing the design and artwork? If you do, there are some shops at Bras Basah Complex that can take your artwork to make the decal for you.

If there are a few colours then you might need to make multi-layer and paste them together to form your decal design. If it is a picture then you might need to get it printed on special weather proof stickers and have it cut to shape.

Unless you are familiar with designing with design program like illustrator, photoshop..etc you might need a friend to prapare the artwork for you. There is also the issue of copyright too but I am not sure how far some of the brand owners will enforce it. But if you are making your own flame design, text or personal graphic design for example to paste on your car then I think that is fine.

No, i was refering to those 'class 95' type of stickers drivers paste at the back of the rear glass. Do shops print such custom decals? Means i send them a CD then they print out in decal sticker?

icarus said:
No, i was refering to those 'class 95' type of stickers drivers paste at the back of the rear glass. Do shops print such custom decals? Means i send them a CD then they print out in decal sticker?
Yeah, similar idea here.
Are there any special single sided papers which can print on normal lazer printer then
remove the cover on the other side and paste onto windows? :think:

think the shops have a min order of decals before they print, else they wont do it. suggest u design ur decal, get some inkjet transparency and print it. then use clear self-adhesive laminating labels to paste on ur car.

Thought both Ubi & Lavender (near Lavender food centre) have. They are the shops that do up the livery for those Subaru WRX & Lancer Evolution in those Kallang Rally. They can duplicate watever, tat you see in World Rally Championship or Japanese Grand Touring Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.