Where to get this dry box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, bro, we are drying the same way !! haha

I bought my camera 1.5 months ago. Also using the dry box with NTUC brand dehumidifier because I read some post saying the blue silica gel is not healthy. I opened only 1/3 of the cover. Still on my first box of dehumidifier. Humidity is always within 45-55%.

This morning it was about 48%, then I opened the box to put my camera in for the 1st time, it jumped up to 60% !! So I kiasu, opened a new NTUC bought non-"thirsty hippo" brand one to put in to supplement the drying, before I left the house it went down to 52% and still going down.

Will update when I get home this evening.

60% is all right
even 65% is okie.

but not more...if u on aircon every night...humidity is some where 65-70%. sg humidity = 80% any time.. rainy days 89%!

been shooting for 2 years...still using my 80L DIY drybox ...keke...humidity control @55%
damage done on dry box = less than $20.
damage done on camera lens flash tripod etc 3k++

anyway if u are using just 1 lens and its kit lens + camera...use it often u dont even need a dry box

How do u DIY ur dry box? care to share share??

Was reading some of the threads here at CS, some people get them at Sim Lim Tower basement shops, don't know about photo shops if they do sell these hygrometers

Where can i get a hygrometer??

For those using hippo....just a word of caution,

cos i was a fellow hippo user....wats the point of getting a digi cabinet when i got like 3 lens and a body and some flash etc...

then one day the hippo somehow not feeling thirsty anymore n started vomiting. I might have toppled it accidentally when i close the cupboard...next min when i discover...water was everywhere....

thank god...it didnt hurt any of my item...but that was the time i felt a need for dry cabi...

yes, no doubt a hippo cost only $2++ but it nearly cause me a few thousands..
not taking the risk again....

Status
Not open for further replies.