Where to get portable photobank

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconseet

Oct 4, 2008
Woodlands
Looking for a portable,reliable photobank to backup images from sd card when travelling. Any recommendations? Search and found ovation, and some other brands but limited information.

anyone using care to share their experience on this product or recommendations.

thx.

We are talking about this in a thread just below. Someone was recommending Digimate III and a few other brands.

I am using Digimate II and its sitting in the bottom of my drawer.

Hi there, hmm may i know if this backup device is suitable for storing videos from MSpro cards?

TIA

i recommend vosonic.

i have had mine for quite a long time, it was second-hand, it's still serving me well. :)

rabienrose - i'm not sure about digimate, etc, because i only have experience with vosonic, but i'm sure vosonic can just copy everything that's on the card onto the hard drive within the device. i suppose most other portable photobanks will also be alright.

jobo, epson and canon are other good brands, but they cost a bomb. creative also has, but i remember that it was a bit ley chey because got what extra adaptor needed, since the device is more catered towards video viewing ratehr than photographer's use. do you need a display?

We are talking about this in a thread just below. Someone was recommending Digimate III and a few other brands.

I am using Digimate II and its sitting in the bottom of my drawer.
try mediapro at SLS and look for the Ovation.

Vosonic is pricey and battery life low. Wait for the new version colorspace, faster download and battery life longer with better screen. Prices of HDD I heard went up.

Hi Guys,

just went to SLS, only managed to find Ovation model, selling at $139 for 250GB and 160G for $106GB.

go to Best Price or Laser, both on the 5th floor. Ovation are a product of Singapore.

also found digimate but it's from China.

If anyone know of better quality of similiar equipment, please post a reply.
Am looking for better quality portable hardisk with card reader in SLS.

Thanks.

i am using digimate II for transfering of SD card images.
Very slow transfer speed.
if you want fast then you should get the device from eastgear.

Status
Not open for further replies.