Where to buy LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
he hee thanks thanks ~~~
tot of going there to see see 1st...
alan photo... last experience i got from there is that they like to push me to buy samsung camera ... dunno why.. the guys from soong bros seems more friendly .....
wanted to go there to eat the bak chor mee too~

Personally I prefer AP than Song bros... I feel that if got $$$ who they also smile. :think:

my main camera will still be FZ50...LX3 is just for fun and something that i use when i really wish to travel light...

One thing that still kept me from buying a LX3, is that with price I could get a very basic dslr.. And since it is a relatively new camera.. their is room for the price to drop further... :)

One thing that still kept me from buying a LX3, is that with price I could get a very basic dslr.. And since it is a relatively new camera.. their is room for the price to drop further... :)

i think so too....am holding back till after xmas...probably next yr price might drop..esp when new digital cam models are being launched

Lucky is at Holland Village. Dirrectly opposite holland Village. Look for Nick. Its a fairly good camera i feel, no doubt lack of zoom but still a pretty solid camera.

I think alot of people is waiting for PMA 2009 next year.... :)

IMHO, It is unlikely to drop early next year. Canon says digital camera market may shrink in 2009. The weaken dollars and stronger yen, and trouble among camera manufacturers, the price just can't drop.

I grabbed my LX3 yesterday. I don't buy from dealers who don't even sell Panasonic Lens adapter DMW-LA4, no matter how cheap they sell.

IMHO, It is unlikely to drop early next year. Canon says digital camera market may shrink in 2009. The weaken dollars and stronger yen, and trouble among camera manufacturers, the price just can't drop.

I grabbed my LX3 yesterday. I don't buy from dealers who don't even sell Panasonic Lens adapter DMW-LA4, no matter how cheap they sell.

so how much you pay for your LX3?

Personally I prefer AP than Song bros... I feel that if got $$$ who they also smile. :think:

went down simlim this afternoon and spent few hours in there.... actually today the guy in AP serve me quite well.. i was standing there testing and choosing for quite long but didn't get anything but he still keep his cool.. but he was pushing me to get Canon G10 more.... but i hate the fact that they don't provide a free case and almost $100 more than LX3... love the outlook of LX3...just that some pre-set functions in G10...i don't see it in LX3... any idea if LX3 have that ... ermm black and white mode but then...u can choose certain color .. eg red.. then only will show the red and the remaining is b&w? <--- dunno if i make sense or not :p
LX3 seems sharper in the LCD and i tried to shake my hands while taking photos on both cam... LX3 give me better picture too
Song Brothers... that guy actually gave me the same price as what other shops is giving .. which is $690 for LX3... i should have told him $650 instead..

btw.. i saw alot of people getting LX3 in AP though... at least 5 sets sold

Lucky is at Holland Village. Dirrectly opposite holland Village. Look for Nick. Its a fairly good camera i feel, no doubt lack of zoom but still a pretty solid camera.

ahh thank thanks ... HV huh.. is it the place opposite the Hor Fun there? :p
Maybe can go there eat Ipoh Hor fun

i think it was chery08 who was behind me yesterday when i was purchasing my lx3. i saw you playing with both the lx3 and g10.

anyways, i finally got my camera. thanks to the forums here and especially this thread. so to give back, this was the package i got:

lx3
lumix case
8gb sdhc card - class 4, kingston
tripod
screen protector
3rd party batt.

all for SGD680

i'm a happy LX3 user! :)

Last edited:
lx3
lumix case
8gb sdhc card
tripod
screen protector
3rd party batt.

all for SGD680

That is really a fantastic deal; I only got the "standard" bundle/rate:

LX3,
case
cheapo screen protector
4GB SDHC card (class 4)

For $688 at Lucky Store at Holland V.

Anyway, it wasn't very pleasant shopping at the branch in Holland V. The 1st set they took out for me had finger smudges all over the LCD display. When I asked how come the LCD display doesn't come with a plastic film in place, i.e. like a new watch, etc, the chinese old man serving me isn't very happy & keep telling me it's like that one and all the same. I then requested for a new set, as I dun like a new item to come appear as if it has been manhandled all over already(those who wish to call me anal ask yourself if you will take this set in its condition).

The chinese old man wasn't very pleased; too the smudgy set in my hand and proceeded to wipe the LCD display with his T-shirt(roughly)! & proceeded to show me, "there, see? It's the same"

Luckily in the end I managed to get them to sell me the other untouched set. The old man wanted to packed the 2nd set into the box after I inspected it, but I refused to let his fingers or T-shirt come anywhere near the 2nd set. Wasn't very pleasant for me, this experience.

Btw, so 2 qns:

1. new set doesn't come with a protective film over the LCD display panel?
2. Is this the official case I.m "supposed" to get? Not the one with the protruding lens-shaped front?
21122008233.jpg

i think it was chery08 who was behind me yesterday when i was purchasing my lx3. i saw you playing with both the lx3 and g10.

anyways, i finally got my camera. thanks to the forums here and especially this thread. so to give back, this was the package i got:

lx3
lumix case
tripod
screen protector
3rd party batt.

all for SGD680

keekekeke actually i was standing there for quite long...
a few LX3 buyers already pass by me ... but how come ur deal is so good
the guy only give me standard.... 4gb card, 1 battery and lumix case.....

I got mine for 680 without 3rd party battery thr I already know some got with 3rd party bat at $680 at AP.

I got it yesterday and i was already seeing at least 3 of them was purchased beside me

lx3
lumix case
tripod
screen protector
3rd party batt.

all for SGD680

Thats quite a good package. You got it from Alan Photo at Sim Lim?

...the guy only give me standard.... 4gb card, 1 battery and lumix case.....

My one dun even have extra batt :cry:
But anyway, anybody noe the price of original batt and model no.?

And may I know the "market rate" of a Class 6 8GB SHDC card?

I think alot of people is waiting for PMA 2009 next year.... :)

will have price drop ar? :think:

anyway, any chances of LX4 coming out next year (maybe Q4) ? lol. actually got nothing to pick about this cam, just that for me, i prefer h.264 compression for video, and also better auto performance for this cam. that's all. :bsmilie:

1. new set doesn't come with a protective film over the LCD display panel?
2. Is this the official case I.m "supposed" to get? Not the one with the protruding lens-shaped front?

1. Yes, new sets do not come with anything applied on the LCD.

2. This is the case provided by all retailers as part of the bundle, it's not the official LX3 leather case. The protruding one you mentioned is the official one.

And may I know the "market rate" of a Class 6 8GB SHDC card?

Got my Kingston Class6 8GB SDHC for $22 at SLS 2 weeks ago. Could possibly be even cheaper now.

1. Yes, new sets do not come with anything applied on the LCD...

Noted, thanx for e assurance.

...2. This is the case provided by all retailers as part of the bundle, it's not the official LX3 leather case. The protruding one you mentioned is the official one.

So I actually have to pay to buy the original case separately?

Got my Kingston Class6 8GB SDHC for $22 at SLS 2 weeks ago. Could possibly be even cheaper now.

Thanx, u still rem e name of e shop?

So I actually have to pay to buy the original case separately?

Thanx, u still rem e name of e shop?

Yes, the original case costs $99, and it's extremely difficult to find in S'pore.

Name of the shop is Best Bargain Computers, located on the 4th floor. Good store to purchase memory cards, thumbdrives and computer RAMs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.