Where is an actual thread of pictures TAKEN with the 5DIII ?

Besides the much improved AF, I think the biggest impact of the 5D3 for me is that because of the usability of the high ISO shots, slow lenses can now be used indoors in reasonably dim lighting conditions WITHOUT FLASH. Alternatively, you can now stop down fast lenses indoors when you need to shoot, say, group shots, again without flash. You can now also have the flexibility to ramp up the shutter speed when you want to, because you can now use a higher ISO that you normally would not have used with another camera.

This camera can probably work wonders in dim locations where the use of flash is not allowed. Imagine what the 85L can ably capture at F1.2 with this camera...haven't got time to test this combo yet...;p

Of course, this stuff may not be anything new to the Nikon camp, since they had the D3 series for a while now, but for a Canon-user like me, the 5D3 opens up a whole new world of possibilities in tougher shooting conditions.

:thumbsup:

Agreed fully, that's what 5D3 meant to me too. Clean high ISO means slow lens of mine like 70-300L could be put into better and more use. Options like Auto ISO in Manual Mode (select shutter speed and aperture, leaving AI to worry about ISO) means I can focus more on shooting than any changing light or not.

It is definitely not a cam that can give you something new like moving from crop to FF, but I would say it is something that can assist you better/give you a better shooting experience in shooting whatever you used to shoot in 5D2/5DC.

I find its funny why pple here always like to "cho cho" users of the new 5dmkiii to post photos of how capable or betta this camera is.. we buy tis camera bcoz we have faith in canon and we have done our homework reading reviews by professionals and most importantly we support them in order for them to come out with betta technologies in years to come.. its juz like if we buy a sports car, we dun nid to flaunt its abilities on the road everytime to show pple how capable or betta is the car rite?? Or i shld say if u really wanna know how good this camera is, juz go rent one or buy one to review yourself.. to me i can say its hell of a good camera.. but to u maybe its juz crap... to each his own...

Cool bro, don't take it too serious. Surely those who got new toys are excited. :)

I recently got an Angle Finder C from my fiancé and I was happy for days too :p

I find its funny why pple here always like to "cho cho" users of the new 5dmkiii to post photos of how capable or betta this camera is.. we buy tis camera bcoz we have faith in canon and we have done our homework reading reviews by professionals and most importantly we support them in order for them to come out with betta technologies in years to come.. its juz like if we buy a sports car, we dun nid to flaunt its abilities on the road everytime to show pple how capable or betta is the car rite?? Or i shld say if u really wanna know how good this camera is, juz go rent one or buy one to review yourself.. to me i can say its hell of a good camera.. but to u maybe its juz crap... to each his own...

Oh come on, seriously now....it IS a camera and its made to take photos.....not just a status symbol.....surely it's not asking to much too see some real life photos posted for others to view them, to judge the cameras ability?

I think I will de-register from CS if I were to get the 5D3, because from what I have been reading, people are labeling 5D3 owners as "show offs". At least as a by-stander, that was the feeling many have given me. :dunno:

TS was merely asking to see some real life photos, and some of the replies to this thread by non-5D3 users have been posted in pretty bad taste. Really salute people like avsquare and Richard, who still bother to reply them.

barely had time to use my 5D3 thanks to work but I managed to take a shot of my dog over the weekend if it helps. Nothing wow though as I just took the camera, put on the lens and snapped away...

30nghsl.jpg

left work on time today thinking i can go try out the high iso at the nearby park but it had to rain :(

Last edited:
Photo looks sharp Kenneth, lovely dog. What kind of terrier is she or he?

(thanks for posting the pic)

fotoworx said:
I think I'm rapidly cooling off and will be sticking with my 5D2 for awhile yet.

Me too my budget will be for 24-70 mk2
And another prime ..

ahboy168 said:
Me too my budget will be for 24-70 mk2
And another prime ..

Having say that, I WILL buy 5dmk3.
It is a matter of timing hahaha ... $39xx

As a new user of 5d2 for about 4mths, I must say is a decent camera, but with the 5d3 new focus system and AF Assist, I am really tempted to change too.....

But in terms of fantastic images, I believe 5d2 can produce as good depending on user... So I guess no point forcing 5d3 user to showcase the images....

Ok... some random shots I took on the way home. Nothing extraordinary that showcases its AF.

Ok... some random shots I took on the way home. Nothing extraordinary that showcases its AF.

Haha bro you were a little early. I stood at the same spot about 15-20 mins later. The colour of the sky was beautiful at 7.30pm just now. Too bad I don't have my camera with me :cry: