Where can i get this in SG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thing is not as practical on a hotshoe flash compare to a studio light, as hotshoe flash does not have modeling lamp, you don't not know how is the effect (the way you adjust the burndoor to block the light) until you see it on a photo, which mean you need to adjust, test shoot, see result, readjust, test shoot again, check result, readjust.......

you will be better off with just DIY a snoot for you flash.

this thing is not as practical on a hotshoe flash compare to a studio light, as hotshoe flash does not have modeling lamp, you don't not know how is the effect (the way you adjust the burndoor to block the light) until you see it on a photo, which mean you need to adjust, test shoot, see result, readjust, test shoot again, check result, readjust.......

If you are using Canon 580EXII, you can use stroboscopic flash to see the effect.

not so much to use it as a snoot...haha...

i was thinking of modifying it so i can have a good bounce card whichever orientation i am using the flash head....hehe

not so much to use it as a snoot...haha...

i was thinking of modifying it so i can have a good bounce card whichever orientation i am using the flash head....hehe

You'd want something THAT bulky on your flash every time?!

You'd want something THAT bulky on your flash every time?!

haha....it is versatile......and it is cheap...good for use during events....

however, the new F58 from sony solves this problem...haha

haha....it is versatile......and it is cheap...good for use during events....

however, the new F58 from sony solves this problem...haha

Or a flash bracket for us Canon / Nikon users ;)

I just order 5 of these from bhphotovideo.com. I have gone around all the usual suspects in singapore and was unable to find them.

My barndoor just arrived! yeah! so happy.

It fits 580EX2 snugly. It also fits on my cheapo AC slave flashes rather well as well. Must really thank strobist for this great find.

R0013214.JPG

It fits 580EX2 snugly. It also fits on my cheapo AC slave flashes rather well as well. Must really thank strobist for this great find.

R0013214.JPG

bro,
mind to share some photos taken with your barndoor? Would like to see the result of it. Thanks

R0013214.JPG

What material are the barn doors made of? The flaps do look a bit flimsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.