when a guy gives a girl a musical box....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koelsch said:
act to you? hmmm. okay. shall see any other responds. it's hard for me to give answers to my friend when i can be subjective. :bsmilie:

Well, it all depends. It isnt the gift that conveys how one feels but the memory associated with that gift itself. If the musical box plays a particular song that both enjoys or is special in some ways, then yes, maybe it can be deemed special.

But then again, musical boxes have been long been thought of as a romantic gesture (due to the way it has been portrayed in the media) but if the other party doesn't get what you mean, then the gift's message would not be conveyed at all.

Good luck. :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
step already got music? :think:

its 4 her 2 throw all d stuff i gav her! :devil:

inside reads: "ur (not) worth it!" :complain: :sticktong

sORe-EyEz said:
its 4 her 2 throw all d stuff i gav her! :devil:

inside reads: "ur (not) worth it!" :complain: :sticktong

PRO COMMENT AGAIN!

*takes pen and copy notes*

wolfgang, that's what i thought as well but she has since accepted the guy regardless his motive haha.

Actually, giving girls presents can be quite a headache for guys leh. If it is just a friend, it can be quite hard to give something without people having the wrong ideas. I think giving a musical box is quite neutral liao lah. If the guy has feelings for her, he might give something that's will be close to her, like jewellery or even perfume. But perfume quite dangerous lah, cos her scent preference can be quite subjective one.

perfume?

girl:Are you saying I stink? :complain:
boy: :sweatsm:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

yanyewkay said:
perfume?

girl:Are you saying I stink?
boy: :sweatsm:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Prismatic :kok: yanyewkay
Brudder, you don't use perfume to cover up stinko leh.
That's what a deodorant is for.

Sjourn said:
well, i think the guy must have valid reason behind..

1. too chepo, so got it at pasa malam
2. must be something meaningful to him, so that he want her to share
3. telling her its time to face the music..

only he knows...:bsmilie:

Answer: ALL OF THE ABOVE :sweat:

Ah.....Music boxes..........

I gave my first GF a music box on her XXth birthday, (I was XX then as well). It would be cheapo in today's terms with people giving HPs and more expensive presents, but it was a lot for me as a sec school kid with little allowance. Working part-time briefly helped. (bought not from parsa malam, but from gift shop KALMs). Don't know if they are still around.

Meaningful as she likes music boxes as she was from the school choir, but not my school. I also thought it would be nice for her to use it as a jewellery box in the future. I also bought her the first piece of jewellery to be kept in it. Just thought it would be a nice gesture.

And I did tell her it was time to face the music in some sense lah, as my jesture was the action that came with the verbal professions that I told her earlier. It kind of sealed the relationship. :sweatsm:

She's married now (not to me) and has a couple of children. We're still friends as I know her family.

Pardon the censors as I don't want jealous husbands getting all suspicious of their wives. You never know who might be reading this. :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
breaking up ar...

i single... :sweat:

but i kno how 2 cut my lost. :bsmilie:

STShooter said:
Answer: ALL OF THE ABOVE :sweat:

Ah.....Music boxes..........

I gave my first GF a music box on her XXth birthday, (I was XX then as well). It would be cheapo in today's terms with people giving HPs and more expensive presents, but it was a lot for me as a sec school kid with little allowance. Working part-time briefly helped. (bought not from parsa malam, but from gift shop KALMs). Don't know if they are still around.

Meaningful as she likes music boxes as she was from the school choir, but not my school. I also thought it would be nice for her to use it as a jewellery box in the future. I also bought her the first piece of jewellery to be kept in it. Just thought it would be a nice gesture.

And I did tell her it was time to face the music in some sense lah, as my jesture was the action that came with the verbal professions that I told her earlier. It kind of sealed the relationship. :sweatsm:

She's married now (not to me) and has a couple of children. We're still friends as I know her family.

Pardon the censors as I don't want jealous husbands getting all suspicious of their wives. You never know who might be reading this. :)

Go to Raffles City Precious Thoughts.

Saw 1 mechanical music box selling for $15 940! :bigeyes: - enough to get EOS 1Ds Mark II with change for L lenses or D2X with Trinity glasses :sweatsm:

From my point of view, the musical box holds more than just the intentions of a simple and yet powerful birthday gift.

It will remain in a person's memory forever IF he or she listens to it with emotions. :)

Buying a musical box for a girl is very normal to me too.. It doesn't really signifies anything.. For me, pendants and rings are more special and I only give to girls I am interested in..

eh, i got a musical box once. it's nothing uncommon. Kinda sweet actually.

But not those cheapo plastic box. im talking about the classical one ( the one you need to turn ) that has a very nice ticklying sounds.

Koelsch said:
what does that actually implies? provided that the guy is rather interested in this girl... and he gave her the present because it's her bday. i don't think many would buy a musical box for a girl on her bday right? hmmm :dunno:

From this I only know the girl is interested in the guy! If not she wouldn't think so deep!

i once made a musical box for a gal... on her bday...

Prismatic said:
Actually, giving girls presents can be quite a headache for guys leh. If it is just a friend, it can be quite hard to give something without people having the wrong ideas. I think giving a musical box is quite neutral liao lah. If the guy has feelings for her, he might give something that's will be close to her, like jewellery or even perfume. But perfume quite dangerous lah, cos her scent preference can be quite subjective one.

i was planning to get one of my close girl friend a perfume -.-! and she's quite familiar with perfumes anyway lol. subjective man gees.

lightning : i shall say that she was rather tempted with his actions and everything. she did try to ask her out for dinner and stuffs. and now giving her this persent even after knowing that she's attached.

AZ : i'll definately see it as a sweet gesture but sometimes girls will get to overreact over certain situations.

syous : YOU ARE PRO! teach me how too :thumbsup:

Koelsch said:
i was planning to get one of my close girl friend a perfume -.-! and she's quite familiar with perfumes anyway lol. subjective man gees.

lightning : i shall say that she was rather tempted with his actions and everything. she did try to ask her out for dinner and stuffs. and now giving her this persent even after knowing that she's attached.

AZ : i'll definately see it as a sweet gesture but sometimes girls will get to overreact over certain situations.

syous : YOU ARE PRO! teach me how too :thumbsup:
I want to know how to make also :bsmilie:

From a guy's pt of view, that guy definitely interested in your lady friend loh

actually save your money and sing her a song better, more meaningful...:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.