What's up with this guy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, actually there's nothing wrong with that. Since u already sold the lens to him, the lens belongs to him and that means he can re-sell at any price he wants.

If he can sell the item at more than the price he paid you for, then he is good loh. :thumbsup: Nothing wrong since the lense is now his. :sweatsm:

You must have regretted tat you sold the lense off at a lower price & now lu gi a bit is it?

It's his freedom lah. :dunno:

uh even new equipment prices fluctuate, 2nd ones also can. its his lens... a bit wasted for the previous owner, but still, its not unethical in anyway.

once sold to him, he can sell it at any price he can get
legally not wrong

morally though it may be wrong

CS member may have sold it to him at a low price
thinkng he is a fellow CSnapper, a hobbyist, a fellow enthusiaist

but it turned out he seems to be in for PROFIT

if he does not like the lens then at least release it at same price or less

so naturally you feel angry...or disappointed.

it is like you sold a Leica to a friend for $600 hoping he/she will like the hobby
and the next thing you know, it is sold for $3000

finally think about this... if a person has to resort to this
it does mean his situation is pitiful after all the diff is only about $100 to $200 more
anyway you have exposed him though he can always apply for a new identity

what do you mean? are you saying that only first owner entitle to make $$ from it?

MyNikon said:
Trying to make a $100+ profit on a lens which he isn't the first owner of?

IMO, I all depends. If you have a hot cake, it is easy to sell. You get quite a few bids and it readily runs up to the price you want. Then, after that, the next owner might not be able to get much more then. But, if you're in a hurry, or the item is a stone cold one and only got 1 response, then you go into negotiation and sell it. Then, that chap uses it for a month or so and then, could sell it for $100 bucks more. Well, that is a trader, a business man - I salute to him. Soon, he might be trading in thousands and become a rich business man and even get his company listed!:) :cool:

Welcome to the Business World. :bsmilie:

I dun see how this can be morally wrong. :think:

Its a free market what. Its Supply vs Demand that determines the price.

I don't think its stated anywhere that the Buy/Sell forums are not meant to generate a profit for the sellers.

Hobbesyeo said:
I dun see how this can be morally wrong. :think:

Its a free market what. Its Supply vs Demand that determines the price.

I don't think its stated anywhere that the Buy/Sell forums are not meant to generate a profit for the sellers.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with that.

yeah that will leave a certain bitter taste in your mouth but then there is nothing you can do about it.

Well, you sell, he buy. Thats simple.

Maybe you are trying to tell ppl that you sell it on good intention of letting others better use of it, so letting go at a lower price. But, in the end, that person is garan kuni man, sell it to third world at higher price, so you are unhappy.

Anyway, he owns the lens already, so he can sell it any price he wants. If got ppl buy, he is good loh, no point raising issue here, unless he sell a problematic equipment you sold at a ridiculous price, then we got issue here.

I got con b4 by a idiot, and he go back to china liao, what to do.

So what's up with him?
The lens and tripod belong to him right? He is the real owner.

Imagine if I were you, I won't even dare to post out..will only blame myself for being stupid rather then go blame someone in public.

Be a man, don't be narrow minded. Once sold, you have no right at all to bother the new owner way of selling.

He has all the rights to do it.

MyNikon said:
I just can't believe what this guy is up to.
Trying to make a $100+ profit on a lens which he isn't the first owner of?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1723310#post1723310

what's wrong with that??

ever sold sigma 24-70 2.8 n 12-24 with a free 82mm pol filter
for a total of only 980.
he later sold them off at 1300+ and even sell that
free polarizer.
good for him!
it just shows that

-i was more desperate to sell,
-he is a better businessman. :thumbsup:

jude

I agree he as the rights to do so.
He could be taking a risk to buy yr lens & trying to sell it later. Who knows he may not even get $650 for it.
If you got spare cash you suddenly see a good deal & think maybe later on u can sell it at a higher price then go for it.
When I go Japan I see very good lens like 70-200 f2.8L which are rather cheap. If I got $ & willing to take risk I would have bought 1 or 2 pieces then sell in sg where demand is higher & I think can sell for a profit.

why not start a poll?

seems pretty loopsided,
and its against the thread starter.

relax, act blur act blur and life is sweeter.
;)

why not start a poll?

seems pretty loopsided,
and its against the thread starter.

relax, act blur act blur and life is sweeter.
;)

I pity the threadstarter , post out what his feelings and get flamed for doing that. Just because the guy who sell is one of the "active" member in the forum, so everyone on his side.

See things objectively,to be fair to both side .

arowana said:
I pity the threadstarter , post out what his feelings and get flamed for doing that. Just because the guy who sell is one of the "active" member in the forum, so everyone on his side.

See things objectively,to be fair to both side .

I think thats not the case. Its just that the object in question had changed hands and the owner can do anything to it, inlcuding selling it for 1 million dollars if he can find a buyer.

Simple right? If you're no longer the owner, you have no rights or access or make any decision to the object.

If you sell a house to me at 500K, then i sell it off at 600K, what rights can you claim or accuse me of if we did not have any writen contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.