What's the most useful technology in photography?

What's the most useful technology in photography? (Choose ONE)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by denizenx
hi is Single Lens Reflex tech counted?
otherwise we would be using bubble viewfinders like cheap cams and/or using those old MFs where u look through the hole before mounting a plate there...

otherwise maybe it shd be phase detection AF, in low light where the eye cannot really see properly.

imho, all the other techs add to the convenience but not essential...

There's still the rangefinder...., which Leica users swear by. :)

Regards
CK

I've posted some stuff earlier in this thread, but I must say that I value the exposure meter as an extremely valuable technology, probably more than AF/USM/IS/etc. I can't imagine taking a few months to learn how to expose by guesstimating at various times of the day, and at different lighting conditions... not to mention fill in flash etc.

Originally posted by sriram
I've posted some stuff earlier in this thread, but I must say that I value the exposure meter as an extremely valuable technology, probably more than AF/USM/IS/etc... <snipped>

Sriram's got the whole point I was trying to make Djork. I don't deny the value of those advancements you mentioned, but calling them basic is a bit far fetched. And there have been far more vital advancements. The original question was what's the most useful technology? Sriram points out one possible advance that really should be ranked above any in Djork's list, and I can think of several that any serious photographer would be foolish to disagree with.

I have to admit, but I find auto focus a great feature for me, as my eyes get awfully tired back when I was using manual focusing at the end of a long shoot. :cry:

I still try to manual focus for macro shots though.

-ptl-

In-built light meters for me. And AF comes in second.

Auto-focus, auto-exposure and IS are things that are nice to have.

USM :thumbsup:

Stoned said:
In-built light meters for me. And AF comes in second.
I second that! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.