What you do if you were stop by someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellfish

Mar 14, 2007
Hi! I just like to ask if anyone have encounter this problem where you were shooting photo of maybe an internal architect of a building and you were stop by maybe the guard. What if you really need to shot those photos? What do you do or tell him?

You can reply him in Japanese/ Korean/ Spanish, that will give u a few more minutes to shoot until he figures out u are a local...

according to the law, if that place is not public but a private place which not allow to take photo like Wheel lock,Paragon then u cant take internal but u are alllow to take from the outside, 1m from the door :D

Well, if u want to do the good boy way , talk to the manager , he may allow u if u explain the reason like school project...... Bad boy way, use point and shoot or small film cam with fast film and prime lens. Dont aim too long. No flash. For those place, i always use my Ricoh GRD, they have bright light so flash and high Iso not that important, 200-400iso is enough.

Ha Ha! I think bad boy way is fast and easy. So I should set my ISO to 200 and above or internal shot with out the flash light?

yes :D iso 400 is a good one,depend on ur cam but most pns 400 is not so noisy. Last time i shoot like that at paragon, just act like u are shopping :D Best one is use or LCD, don't bring the cam to ur eyes, just use your LCD and shoot from the chest or hip , i use this when i want to take the guard photo :D

Ooo... Great tip! anymore great tips on how to 'Snipe' photos?

I was in bangkok, and was shooting outside the central world building when a guard walk up to me and start hand signing that I can't shoot their building. Then I ask him back in english, asking him why I can shoot? Then I point to another thai taking photos using a PnS. Then he give me that puzzled look and walk away.

What can i say? He don't even know what to answer me.

The problem now is because of the terrorist around. People are afraid of it. So later they thought you are planning something and call the police. Thats going to be a problem... :( stupid terrorist.

The problem now is because of the terrorist around. People are afraid of it. So later they thought you are planning something and call the police. Thats going to be a problem... :( stupid terrorist.

Yah..but it's so conspicuous....a dude carrying a tripod, a huge DSLR with a mofo long lens (70-200mm)...and some polarizer lens here and there...makes you look like a terrorist who wants to take a beautiful picture of a building eh?

Yah..but it's so conspicuous....a dude carrying a tripod, a huge DSLR with a mofo long lens (70-200mm)...and some polarizer lens here and there...makes you look like a terrorist who wants to take a beautiful picture of a building eh?

Ya terrorist who takes before and after photos to add on to his collection :bsmilie: Then come out with a photo gallery book of history. Making big money and retire from terror line, to live among us.

A...sorry I don't have so much items to bring with me. All I have is a cam, wide angle lance and a normal lance in my back pack. If you want to shot photos of people walking naturally without ducking and covering from your cam. Don't you need to blend in?

ask you guys another question. for shooting an internal shot where there is lights... like in a shopping mall. which iso setting is best as to not get to much of the noise effect? I know bahibo just said iso 400 but just want to get more option on this. Its hard to tell if there is to much noise or not just by looking in your LCD.

I always like to ask the security guard the same question, "Can you show me in black and white where it says that I cannot be here and shooting for non-commercial purposes?" Normally they don't have any reply, ignore and question and still demand that i leave. Best one was at China Square (or somewhere around there, i can't remember). I was walking along the blardie walkway in between buildings and shooting some of the restored old shophouses now being used as office place. Like that also cannot. WTF?

I was in bangkok, and was shooting outside the central world building when a guard walk up to me and start hand signing that I can't shoot their building. Then I ask him back in english, asking him why I can shoot? Then I point to another thai taking photos using a PnS. Then he give me that puzzled look and walk away.

That's Thailand.

Here in Singapore the guards may be smarter or more kiasu, and will call the next level of authority.

Once I was in a public place, eg in a park - and the guards stopped me. And I asked why can't I shoot in public places and carried on shooting. Then the guard called the police. And I asked the police the same thing. And the police said that there are house rules. That's not the point, I said, but whether the rules are legal or not. The police didnt take my camera or force me to erase the pictures, but then I am already going off.

WA!!! CRAP LA... so now? by law can or can not?

The other guy is a Thai. You are not. :nono:

from wat i know...u can shoot anything that u can see from public places...but shopping malls is privately owned.

yup, correct, according to law, private place they can stop u from taking photo of their internal structure , usually because copyright about design and for security. But shoot outside then no problem. In public place, well , no law stop u doing so but look for sign board for special place. But respect people, if the house owner dont want u to take his house ( if u are taking his house alone,not the building ) then be considerate , if u urself , like people standing outside ur private house, use Slr with big lens taking photo, will u un comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.