What to do for PP?

Senifer

May 5, 2010
Sembawang
Okay, this sounds like a stupid question, however i see alot of photos that has been PP-ed and uploaded, so i am just wondering, what are the things to PP and how to do it. Is there any guide to help the newbies around like me myself? Thanks in advance! :D

the trouble here is that there are 80,0000 things and more you can do to a photograph.

but some of the common ones include curves, contrast adjustments, color balance, saturation, sharpening.

you can google for all these, along with the word "photoshop", there will be writeups which are better at answering your question than a curt , quick reply on these forums.

am i right to say that PP is make the photo how i want it to look like and present to others?

in some sense, yes.

but most people often lose sight of what they want the photo to look like, and end up with what they think others want the photo to look like.

thank you so much. still green in photography, definitely need some directions. :D

Try taking pictures and show them first, sans PP.

Then I'm sure other seniors can point you what areas needed to be PP, or even improved.

Ultimately, if possible, most photographers would rather shoot without having to do PP.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!