What to check when choosing 2nd Hand Lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanloverm

Dec 10, 2007
Kuching (From Sarawak)
Dear all,

I intend to buy a 2nd hand Lens but don't know what to check when I view the lens, can anyone teach me what kind of steps I need to look into? How to test USM? fungus? etc?

Thanks guys!

Best Regards,
oceanloverm

I personally check for scratches or blemishes on lens body and check the glass to see if it is clean.Can also check for sharpness,AF etc. by trying the lens on a camera body and taking a few test shots.Simple!
However I have come across some people who do not bother to check lens.Less time wasted:thumbsup:.Not very safe though...:thumbsd:.
One guy bought my 80-200 a little while ago at $1k without testing...

I personally check for scratches or blemishes on lens body and check the glass to see if it is clean.Can also check for sharpness,AF etc. by trying the lens on a camera body and taking a few test shots.Simple!
However I have come across some people who do not bother to check lens.Less time wasted:thumbsup:.Not very safe though...:thumbsd:.
One guy bought my 80-200 a little while ago at $1k without testing...

buying without checking the lens? like buying veges in the market:sweatsm: but I'm more towards those aunties who will baggain baggain all the way I get :bsmilie:

But would like to ask about the sharpness of the lens as I can't justify that how sharp it gonna looks like? how sharp is 70-200 f2.8? Must I bring along a laptop or tripod together or just magnify the image to 100% crop size using my cam (40D)? Thanks bro :)

Status
Not open for further replies.