What to Buy in Japan

minhan5

Feb 28, 2015
Singapore
Hi all,

Need some advice here, i'll be going to Japan for a trip in a weeks time is there any cheaper deals or equipment thats worth buying there?

Thanks

Many things with the current exchange rate. What stuff are you into?

Lenses are a good idea.

Big question - what do you really need? If there's no real need or want, then the rest of us CSers would thank you when you sell them off in BnS after a few months of the gear sitting in your dry cabinet doing nothing. :)

Hmm, actualyy nothing in specific, Canon bodies / Lenses (2nd hand 28 70 ?)/ rangefinders/accesories like tripods monopods or filters. Or even compact cameras... just wanna know what's worth to buy la hahah

Japan is a goldmine for used camera equipment.

Lol I have the same question too I'll be going in a few weeks time and will be coming back by 2 days in hk. Looking for the sigma 18-35mm though where cheaper ah?

For the sigma 18-35, I was quoted about $92x at one of the better priced stores. Perhaps you can use that as a gauge when in hk?

probably film will be a good buy in japan n hk. the rest not so much unless its grey stuff. even then, might not be much cheaper than sg. really need to do homework nowadays.

Hi all,

Need some advice here, i'll be going to Japan for a trip in a weeks time is there any cheaper deals or equipment thats worth buying there?

Thanks

Depend on what u wan.

Oly is cheaper in Jap with international warranty.

Depend on what u wan.

Oly is cheaper in Jap with international warranty.

Olympus no longer support international warranty
"Please kindly be informed that Worldwide warranty will not be provided with most of our Micro Four Thirds System and compact digital camera products shipped after September of 2014."

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/info/info20140828.cfm

Old manual focus lenses. Can find rare ones.

yodobashi camera at shinjuku or akihabara. everything under one roof!