Status
Not open for further replies.

therat

Nov 26, 2003
Bedok
Visit site
Hi,

Need some advice..
Presently, I have EOS650, EW 24-85mm and Speedlite 430EZ.
The EOS650 is working fine, just that I don't like it w/o build-in flash.
Every time had to carry the flash with me.
Some time a little troublesome.

What is your recommend if i just want to upgrade the body only?
I'm a light user, only use it during tour.

As you are a light user, I think a good upgrade would be to the EOS 30/30V (and its different variants). Or even the older 50/50E. All of these have built-in flash and have some nice features/improvements compared to the EOS 650.
You may want to consider looking for a used set, as used film cameras are very affordable these days, with the move to digital.

therat said:
Hi,

Need some advice..
Presently, I have EOS650, EW 24-85mm and Speedlite 430EZ.
The EOS650 is working fine, just that I don't like it w/o build-in flash.
Every time had to carry the flash with me.
Some time a little troublesome.

What is your recommend if i just want to upgrade the body only?
I'm a light user, only use it during tour.

brand new? eos30/30v

2nd hand I will opt for eos5 as the built-in flash can zoom. (but I prefer external flash if I need to use flash)

no neccesary to be brand new.

so.. the recommend body will be
EOS 30/30V
EOS 5 then follow by
EOS 50/50E

can my existing flash be use for the above body?

Note that the EOS 5 is the oldest model (intro 1992) in your list. Compared to the 50 (1995), 30 (2000) and 30V (2004).
You can read more on the EOS camera history at:

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/f_camera.html

While the EOS 5 uses some older technology (e.g. A-TTL vs E-TTL for the rest) it does have more "pro" features such as true spotmetering, 5fps winding, faster 1/8000 top shutter speed etc. EOS 5 can also be susceptible to problem of main control dial breaking, so do look out for that if you decide on the 5.

Hope that helps.

mfopus said:
Note that the EOS 5 is the oldest model (intro 1992) in your list. Compared to the 50 (1995), 30 (2000) and 30V (2004).
You can read more on the EOS camera history at:

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/f_camera.html

While the EOS 5 uses some older technology (e.g. A-TTL vs E-TTL for the rest) it does have more "pro" features such as true spotmetering, 5fps winding, faster 1/8000 top shutter speed etc. EOS 5 can also be susceptible to problem of main control dial breaking, so do look out for that if you decide on the 5.

Hope that helps.

Thks!

Mostly, I will look into EOS 30 or 30V.
Had any idea, est what is the cost for band new.
I had look into the Buy/Sell section.
Notice the 2nd one for EOS 30V is $600 while EOS 30 is $500

I just got an EOS 5 and it's gives accurate focus and good exposure :) love the pro features (e.g. pretty fast x-sync speed of 1/200s vs 1/125s for the EOS 30/30V) and of course the relatively low price (~$300-400 for a good condition unit). changes to aperture or shutter speeds occur in 1/2EV adjustment though and is something I'm not used to.

if the pic is not worth using an external flash,
its not worth shooting.

got a mint eos 3,
considering?

no build in flash though.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.