What software can achieve this result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMPhoto

Jun 25, 2007
Hi all experts out there

Can anyone advise what software can achieve the result shown in this video? It just so amazing. I yearn to learn how to run such edit. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooHbDULgljQ

Other than the couple, the environment is all done in 3D software. To create such 3D scene will take a long long long time.

It may be some free-copy right footage buy from U.S or using After Effects can be done. The cake showing from bottom to top and the Wedding couple. The opening may have a few video clips edit or join effects together.

Using 3D will take times. Unless couple pay $$$$. Machine must be fast ;)

Maya can do this sort of thing. But it's far from cheap.

Happy days,

Ol.

I guess any decent 3D software can generate the opening castle sequence (build the environment and move a camera viewpt around, and use Particle effects for the sprays), the rest of the clip (better known as 3D Photomontage) can be done in Aftereffects by creating a camera viewpt that moves in AF's 3D realm.

You may like to check out David Robinson's work on 3D photomontage. One of the top wedding videographer in US. He is the pioneer. Started 3D photomontage in US many years ago. Not cheap. Can cost up to USD10K.
But he does it well enough that the focus is on the people in the montage, not on the technique.

http://blog.davidrobinfilms.com/category/4-photo-montages/

btw, he has started fooling around with a Canon 5D MkII with a Glidecam X10... I suppose with matt box and follow focus, etc....

Just for sharing...

very impressive. probably 3D max, Maya or lightwave.. lots of work. just wonder how much the couple paid.. :)

It may be some free-copy right footage buy from U.S or using After Effects can be done. The cake showing from bottom to top and the Wedding couple. The opening may have a few video clips edit or join effects together.

Using 3D will take times. Unless couple pay $$$$. Machine must be fast ;)

Thank you. Maybe I should really look into AE. Not on it yet.

I guess any decent 3D software can generate the opening castle sequence (build the environment and move a camera viewpt around, and use Particle effects for the sprays), the rest of the clip (better known as 3D Photomontage) can be done in Aftereffects by creating a camera viewpt that moves in AF's 3D realm.

You may like to check out David Robinson's work on 3D photomontage. One of the top wedding videographer in US. He is the pioneer. Started 3D photomontage in US many years ago. Not cheap. Can cost up to USD10K.
But he does it well enough that the focus is on the people in the montage, not on the technique.

http://blog.davidrobinfilms.com/category/4-photo-montages/

btw, he has started fooling around with a Canon 5D MkII with a Glidecam X10... I suppose with matt box and follow focus, etc....

Just for sharing...

Thanks for the sharing, will check this guy up. Hope to learn a little here and there. Kind of impressed by the technique.

very impressive. probably 3D max, Maya or lightwave.. lots of work. just wonder how much the couple paid.. :)

This video looks similar to one of the video shown in a wedding I've attended this year. I heard that it was done by a studio is in Malaysia (seems Malaysia studios are really coming to grab our ricebowl). I wonder if they have built the template and just use some software to append couples' photos onto them. That will spread out the cost, I presume.

Hi all

I'm delighted with all these responses. Seems that many out there are as curious as myself. Lets see how we could all learn the technique and use it for our work too. Thanks all for the sharings.

It could be some buy out 3D clips with alpha channel for the editor to composite the fotos.
Using 3D software is too time consuming.

the 3D created once and can use for different couples.. probably just need to map and key the photos again.. a combination of After effect and 3D. the idea and the animation very well done.

Last edited:
After Effects is a basic start of 2D program. I learn the very hard way, still hundreds of clicks away to know more. If you need to start off making own effects...try this web link...I start out from there. :thumbsup: ;)

http://www.videocopilot.net/

i am sure your wife can do something like the wedding montage :thumbsup:

So far I haven't made any wedding videos, so she has not tried this. But she did make some butterflies once, for my friend to use in his wedding video productions. Don't know how that worked out though because I don't get to see his finished videos.

the opening looks like purchased template. The one alternus posed is pretty good like Andrew Kramer.

I'm more keen in photography than 3D, but such 3D animation is not surprising. It seems to me like a template and a dedicated software to do it. It's unlikely to be 3D studio max or any other software that does it.

Even if you have created the template for the whole animation in whichever 3D software may it be Maya, 3DSmax, or whatsoever, I doubt any photographer will have sufficient time to post process the photos, place into the template and sufficient time to render quick enough using simple equipment like a quad processor system or what. Too slow. Unless the fellow cost involves renting a online rendering farm which cost a bomb to the client at least.

The template may be created in 3DS max but then imported into another software can makes the workflow easier.

The modelling part can be done before hand, the animation path can be done before hand. The 2D mapping to the flat plane for displaying the photos are simple, just a series of TGA or a AVI will do. An animation mapping. In fact, all mapping can be done before hand, just that the photographer must produce the series of photos, match the animation timeline, tweak abit later if necessary.

Still I feel skeptical about the rendering time. I need a good quality rendering and it take ages. My feel is this is a software that take in Direct 3D and therefore rendering can be done realtime, but the insertion of photos wouldn't be that easy though.

try do a search with reference to mac. i believe the 3d is from mac, a pre-created template just like iDVD. mac is a wonderful program which can handle this.

try do a search with reference to mac. i believe the 3d is from mac, a pre-created template just like iDVD. mac is a wonderful program which can handle this.

Not true. mac is an OS not a program.

Templates are good but wouldn't it be better if you conceptualize your own animations to suit your particular project? An application is only an application. Whether you produce great stuff or shitte depends on your own skill with the app.

I'm going to post a dissenting voice. If I'm paying for this kind of work, I won't be happy at all. A good tastefully done 2D presentation is worth a lot more to me than this tacky 3D... whatever you call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.